• brunswick.jpg
    brunswick.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 112

idahotokens

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2003
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice find!! It was tough for a barber to make ends meet, so it was not at all unusual for there to be a billiard table (candy and cigar counter, card table, etc.) in a barber shop to bring in a little extra income. If there happened to be a line for the barber, what better way for the customers to pass the time than to shoot pool? Since Troy Ralph Wade is listed in all the city directories as just "Barber", we may have to accept the attribution to Monarch on that basis, but a search of county records (they may have licensed billiard tables or he may have signed and recorded a contract with the Brunswick Co. to pay for his table over time), or newspapers (he may have advertised) may show conclusively that this token is from there. In the meantime, I'd suggest putting what you know as an attribution on tokencatalog.com - thanks for posting the pic there, BTW.
John in the Great 208

texasvarmit

Oct 6, 2006
Texas and Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT gold, Fisher CZ5 quicksilver, Garrett pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I found it about a mile from Monarch.

Very good!!!

that about wraps that up as the correct attribution then. Based on your find, the location of the find, and attribution....looked in "find a grave" website and here is the link to the headstone/grave of Troy Ralph Wade....died in Worland Wyoming, born in Mass. born 1884, died 1975.

Buried in Sheridan Wyoming. Wife name was Francis G. Wade who died in 1967.

Troy Ralph Wade (1884 - 1975) - Find A Grave Memorial

headstone:
45133201_126004981474.jpg

OP
OP
MonDak

MonDak

Jan 5, 2006
Nice find!! It was tough for a barber to make ends meet, so it was not at all unusual for there to be a billiard table (candy and cigar counter, card table, etc.) in a barber shop to bring in a little extra income. If there happened to be a line for the barber, what better way for the customers to pass the time than to shoot pool? Since Troy Ralph Wade is listed in all the city directories as just "Barber", we may have to accept the attribution to Monarch on that basis, but a search of county records (they may have licensed billiard tables or he may have signed and recorded a contract with the Brunswick Co. to pay for his table over time), or newspapers (he may have advertised) may show conclusively that this token is from there. In the meantime, I'd suggest putting what you know as an attribution on tokencatalog.com - thanks for posting the pic there, BTW. John in the Great 208

I appreciate the info from you and texas varmit, I will put it in the token catalog

thank you

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread