Ravensdale,Washington Token. Help with details please.

JSMITH

Feb 23, 2013
Idaho
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO,Garrett Ace 250,Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dug this today. Any info. Is much appreciated! Google didnt get me very far. Haha. Found one result that has this listed in a token catalog but there wasn't much on it. Reads as follows:

NOVARIA & MANFREDI
RAVENSDALE WASH.

GOOD FOR 5 CENTS IN TRADE

ForumRunner_20140321_163854.png

ForumRunner_20140321_163921.png

OP
OP
J

JSMITH

Feb 23, 2013
Idaho
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry for the pics being sideways....dont know why they end up like that sometimes.

idahotokens

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2003
Primary Interest:
Other
I'd guess this was a bar - I find a Joseph Novario was a bartender in Seattle in 1906. No proof that he was the same guy as on your token, but it was nearby and in the same general timeframe. The Seattle Daily Times of 8 Mar 1910 said Dominik Novario was fined for having slot machines. Again, maybe not the guy. I didn't find Manfredi at all. Maybe this is one you will have to do some library research on.
John in the Great 208

OP
OP
J

JSMITH

Feb 23, 2013
Idaho
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you John. I came up with similar searches on the names but like you said, no telling if they are connected. Maybe someone else will chime in.....I love finding things like this. Real stumpers!

tokensmith

Aug 8, 2007
The 1912 Bradstreet lists J. Novaria as a saloon and John Monfredi as a grocery in Ravensdale. Seems likely their partnership would have been somewhere near that time.

OP
OP
J

JSMITH

Feb 23, 2013
Idaho
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The 1912 Bradstreet lists J. Novaria as a saloon and John Monfredi as a grocery in Ravensdale. Seems likely their partnership would have been somewhere near that time.

Fantastic info. Thank you much. I am still curious as to how rare these are. If anyone has info on the abundance of these I'd be curious to know. Thanks again.

rgreever

Feb 19, 2011
There is another token listed on TokenCatalog.com

JOE NOVARIA / THE / EAGLE / RAVENSDALE

This is Joseph Novaria as reported by idahotokens. He had a saloon on his own, and at some point he must have been partners with John Monfredi. The reverse appears on many tokens attributed to saloons. This likely dates somewhere between 1907-1916 based on other examples of this reverse

1906 Seattle CD: Joseph Novaria, bartender, Oberto & Chavandra

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread