stealthycat

Feb 17, 2012
Arkansas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pros
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I did some internet searching ... I cannot find anything on these. I found them both about 15 yards apart at an old 1900 or so home site. a 10 and 25 cent .... I only spent maybe 30-45 minutes around that area, I wonder if there are more but more curious exactly what they are. I know Port Acres is a city along the Texas Gulf Coast ... I know that the parents of the people who own the land once lived in Houston ... so I'm suspecting a weeks vacation to a " Recreation Club" around Port Acres ... but can't confirm it and why would they give tokens to a recreation club ??

I'm "new" to metal detecting compared to most, very curious on the things like this I find. My first Treasurenet post

vryhzb.jpg

9930af.jpg

wheatfinder13

Silver Member
Nov 23, 2012
New Orleans
Detector(s) used
Teknetics alpha 2000 ,garret pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Are they aluminum or brass? You might want to post it on the tags/token forum

OP
OP
S

stealthycat

Feb 17, 2012
Arkansas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pros
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
aluminum ... can a Moderator move this thread to there please? I didn't know there WAS a tag/token forum - GREAT !!

idahotokens

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2003
Primary Interest:
Other
SC--nice finds! The 1940 Port Arthur City Directory shows Jesse J. English as proprietor of the Port Acres Recreation Club which was a billiard hall located at 1925 Old Beaumont Road. How about posting pics of these two at TokenCatalog.com for the good of the hobby? Or with permission and sizes, I can do it for you.
John in the Great 208

OP
OP
S

stealthycat

Feb 17, 2012
Arkansas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pros
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
idahotokens I'll join there and post - I seem to have a knack for finding tokens and tags. I have a very cool "tag" I found too - I'll post over there. MUCH APPRECIATED !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread