4th Reg O.V.C. Sutler Token Info..

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry for no picture it's very small , smaller than a Dime & though it's Readable ; taking a good photo has been a pain.

Anyhow as I said it's smaller than a dime & much thinner . Also has a blank back.

On the front it says "4th Reg O.V.C. around the top"..
in the middle it says Good For 5 Cents in Goods with a little [double arrow pointing to the 5 on either side].

And around the bottom it says E.W. HAMLIN SUT... Note the A or the I in Hamlin could be other letters.

It was dug in a Calvary Site (U.S.)

Has anyone ever seen this type of Sutler token Before?
If so any info, will be Appreciated ; ESP, if the E.W. Hamlin is the correct name.
Thanks a TON!
Davers...& Good Luck Out There.:thumbsup:
p.s. I Assume the OVC Means Ohio Volunteer Calvary, as my research says they were in the area.
Davers..............:thumbsup:

OP
OP
Davers

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks idahotokens..
That,s the Same token in every respect , but I put a 10X loop on the back last night & Swear I could see no back mark of the type shown on that token but does look like one of the first 2 tokens pictured with a plain back .
Ill check it again ,as it could have been a (weak Strike).

Ill take it either way:icon_thumleft:

In Grading terms ill guess it would grade G 4-6 With everything clearly Readable Except the Merchants last name (Well 2 letters of it) LOL.

My time this AM is short ,as I,m heading back to the site to find some more relics.
R-8 That's Pretty Cool .
Thanks again for your help. "Very Much"
Davers

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions