WW I tag

etex

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2013
Longview, Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found several years ago, the best i can make out is John Amand, US V, PVT Co.L., 119 INF. Does anyone know how to find out any more information on him? what 002.JPG what 003.JPG

alabama11

Nov 23, 2015
north Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett Frontiersman, Tesoro Ciboli , Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pin Pointer 2, Minelab Equinox 800, Panky.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Get on ancestry.com and lookup his registration card.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Get on ancestry.com and lookup his registration card.

Is that free?
I just found out my GG Granddad was in an Alabama Infantry Regiment, passed in 1864 & is Buried in Atlanta .
Got this info from my Cousin Who is hard to communicate with.

Very sorry for stepping on yr thread etex, that is a Special Find.
Davers

villagenut

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2014
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Although this thread is a few years old, I will add that while ancestry.com cost you to be a part of, you can go to familysearch.org, it is free and you can get links to old census and other documents there. I use it often.

OP
OP
etex

etex

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2013
Longview, Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pretty sure now is John Amandus Verzwyvelt, I found the dog tag outside Alexandria, Rapides Parrish, La., found grave marker for John Amandus Verzwyvelt in Greenwood Memorial Park, Pineville, which is on the other side of the Red from Alexandria. Has a military grave marker, PVT US Army, WWI, born 3/3/1897, died 5/4/1980.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread