1st token

camanddad

Jan 29, 2015
Western AR
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this store token on Monday. Found it in a field where the only other things had been trash and a few coins. NEar as we can tell, we found it about a mile from where the store was located.

token4.jpg token1.jpg token2.jpg

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
OP
OP
C

camanddad

Jan 29, 2015
Western AR
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Similar to this one:
C.L. SHARUM & BRO. / FORT / SMITH / R.F.D. NO. 2 / O / ARK. (TC-363504) Fort Smith, Arkansas (Sebastian County), U.S.A.
You may wish to submit yours to the same source for their archives; giving credit to you.

Cornelius “Neely” Lafayette Sharumoperated a grocery store at what was later (perhaps still) MassardRd. and Rogers Ave. not to be confused with other close relatives(U.G. And L.Al.Sharum) who owned the general store located NW ofMassard Bridge.
Don....

Yes. I tracked down the owners grandson, and am giving him the token on Monday for his family collection of things related to the store.

Thanks for the link.

curbdiggercarl57

Silver Member
Nov 19, 2007
Largo, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle, DFX, Shadow X-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Damn fine first token, now go back and dig up the other denominations! Kudos! Carl

OP
OP
C

camanddad

Jan 29, 2015
Western AR
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Damn fine first token, now go back and dig up the other denominations! Kudos! Carl

What is so odd, in my VERY limited experience, is that we have found nothing else even remotely old at this site. No silver coins, not even old trash. Just clad, and a lot of Mt Dew cans.

rick67

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2014
Smithtown NY
Detector(s) used
XP, Whites, Garrett,
Lesche, T-Rex, RTG.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If I find one or two old silver a year it's a lot. Larger coppers more so. Don't give up. Token is more scarce then silver. Once trash is gone the faint hits will probably pay off.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions