Indianapolis Tokens?

Butterfield

Dec 8, 2006
Both of these came from different sources in Indiana, and I feel they are probably from Indianapolis, but I can't find them in my directories. Is anyone familiar with either of these? The other one is a Seymour Indiana encased cent (with apparently the wrong date cent added) that's too worn for me to tell the business name (the last three letters seem to be "dle"). Too bad because it's an older Good For encased. seymour encased.jpg seymour rev.jpg seymour close up.jpg View attachment 1207170 View attachment 1207171 View attachment 1207172 View attachment 1207173

idahotokens

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2003
Primary Interest:
Other
Butter--Louis Wanner is listed in the 1913 & 1914 Indianapolis City Directories as having a saloon at 2522 W. Michigan. Your piece is not listed on tokencatalog.com - how about putting it there? I can with your permission and measurements (height & width). I'll do a bit more looking for the Gary's Tire Center one later.
John in the Great 208

Woodswoman

Aug 7, 2013
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Quick Draw I I
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Really like the heart shape, first I've seen.

rgreever

Feb 19, 2011
William L. Cole is listed in the 1918 Gary Indiana City Directory, in the Classifieds under Automobiles, at 617 Washington. In the white pages, he is listed as vulcanizing... at this address. I'd like to also request your permission to use your images on the TokenCatalog site... I can load for your, or you can add yourself.

OP
OP
B

Butterfield

Dec 8, 2006
Thanks John and Richard for the attributions! John, I measured the Wanner token. It's 25mm from inside of the heart to the tip at the bottom (height) and approx 29mm across on the widest part (width). I'm not sure if that's the correct way to measure a shaped token. Richard, I don't have the Gary token with me now, but can get the measurements to you. Either of you are welcome to post them on TokenCatalog if you want.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread