need help finding info about some trade coins I found.

jlarsen540

Tenderfoot
Nov 8, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found some insurance system credit trade coins. Need help finding out about them I have 4 coins. Plz help me I would like to know what I have. 1447027323824.jpg 1447027502275.jpg

OP
OP
J

jlarsen540

Tenderfoot
Nov 8, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The only letters I can read are(in order)HARLA,it's not readable for a couple letters then it reads,LLIERIES CO.

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Here are six words that end in LLIERIES:
Coilliers, Dalliers, Milliers, Ralliers, Salliers and Talliers.
Then again, that word may be part of a person's name--or a name made up by the owner.
If no responses to your initial question, you may wish to do a little more cleaning to bring out other letters.
Don......

OP
OP
J

jlarsen540

Tenderfoot
Nov 8, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK I will try that thank you so much. One more question tho what is the value of them today if you know?

OP
OP
J

jlarsen540

Tenderfoot
Nov 8, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just looked and it's the HARLAN COLLIERS CO.

intimer

Jan 15, 2009
east tennessee
The token is listed in the newest Edkin's Coal Catalog book. yours is the nickel plated example KY385A100a, with an R-2 rarity rating, from 1 to 10. 10 being the rarest. it is from Brookside, KY., Harlan County.

that is a crossed pick & shovel on the obverse. other denominations known, from the same mine, with same wording, go from 5¢, 10, 25, 50 & $100. no penny has been located...may never had been one made, each company had custom orders from various die makers.

there is another full set with a different die maker's reverse from Orco.

I remember seeing a few stacks of this companies tokens, with the crossed pick & shovel, on the TV show Pawn Stars, in the last year or two.

mike

OP
OP
J

jlarsen540

Tenderfoot
Nov 8, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you very much Mike for the info. I was given these as a tip when I was working at a gas station in Vegas.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread