Ingle system 1 dollar Script token!!! J. B. Wemyss Cripple Creek!!

diggingthe1

Silver Member
Feb 11, 2015
Victor, CO...City of Mines
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ800, Ex2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• 1457377828204.jpg
    1457377828204.jpg
    779.8 KB · Views: 161
  • 1457377785695.jpg
    1457377785695.jpg
    674.9 KB · Views: 128

idahotokens

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2003
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice! This wasn't necessarily a "company store" token - John B. Wemyss was a grocery store owner/operator at 406 E. Golden Ave. The "Ingle System" of accounting was sold mainly to grocery stores, however other types of retail businesses were Ingle Co. customers. Since the $1 denomination is not listed on tokencatalog.com, please consider posting yours there.
John in the Great 208

OP
OP
diggingthe1

diggingthe1

Silver Member
Feb 11, 2015
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ800, Ex2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice! This wasn't necessarily a "company store" token - John B. Wemyss was a grocery store owner/operator at 406 E. Golden Ave. The "Ingle System" of accounting was sold mainly to grocery stores, however other types of retail businesses were Ingle Co. customers. Since the $1 denomination is not listed on tokencatalog.com, please consider posting yours there.
John in the Great 208
Thanks for the clarification. It seemed more like a merchant token:) I do see another very similar one on tokencatalog
J.B. WEMYSS / 1 / W (TC-76856) Cripple Creek, Colorado (Teller County), U.S.A.
Should I still list mine? Thanks for the post!

idahotokens

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2003
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes, please do since tokencatalog is an attempt to document all denominations and varieties. The 1¢ & 5¢ are the only ones currently pictured. The 10 & 50 denominations are listed but not pictured, and the 25 and your $1 are not there at all. Thanks!
John
Thanks for the clarification. It seemed more like a merchant token:) I do see another very similar one on tokencatalog
J.B. WEMYSS / 1 / W (TC-76856) Cripple Creek, Colorado (Teller County), U.S.A.
Should I still list mine? Thanks for the post!

OP
OP
diggingthe1

diggingthe1

Silver Member
Feb 11, 2015
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ800, Ex2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
John in the Great 208

Yes, please do since tokencatalog is an attempt to document all denominations and varieties. The 1¢ & 5¢ are the only ones currently pictured. The 10 & 50 denominations are listed but not pictured, and the 25 and your $1 are not there at all. Thanks!
John
Thanks again for the clarification. Do you think posting it on token catalogs would increase the value? I have recently seen a sale where an unlisted token sold for quite a bit and was then put on tokencatalogs. I have been thinking of selling this item and sometimes the name brings quite a bit. Thanks for your help!

idahotokens

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2003
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't know how being "unlisted" affects sale prices. Everyone I know who collects tokens is aware of the fact that "unlisted" tokens pop up all the time, so being unlisted is just a matter of timing.

How are you thinking of selling it? If you aren't going with eBay, I can put you in touch with a fellow who may be interested.

John
Thanks again for the clarification. Do you think posting it on token catalogs would increase the value? I have recently seen a sale where an unlisted token sold for quite a bit and was then put on tokencatalogs. I have been thinking of selling this item and sometimes the name brings quite a bit. Thanks for your help!

OP
OP
diggingthe1

diggingthe1

Silver Member
Feb 11, 2015
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ800, Ex2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know how being "unlisted" affects sale prices. Everyone I know who collects tokens is aware of the fact that "unlisted" tokens pop up all the time, so being unlisted is just a matter of timing.

How are you thinking of selling it? If you aren't going with eBay, I can put you in touch with a fellow who may be interested.

John
Thanks John, I have a few that from a selling point would seem more desirable if there was not any information already out there. I was a little hesitant to post this one. I think from a collectors view you either want the piece or you don't,so it probably doesn't matter. I do enjoy a good ebay auction! I'll send you a pm when I list them. Just curious, Can I post pictures of tokens (I have found, taken pictures of and then sold) on tokencatalog or once the item is sold do I have to get permission? Thanks for the help! Cliff

idahotokens

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2003
Primary Interest:
Other
Cliff--

The photo itself is what you need to own (or have permission to use) on tokencatalog. You took the picture, even though you may not own the subject.
Kind of a screwey deal, but that is the way the copyright laws are. I've wondered what the laws would say about a picture where somebody photoshops it to crop out the background, straighten it, brighten it, etc. Is the result the same picture? Or is it a new picture? As I understand the rule, it is the same picture.
John
Thanks John, I have a few that from a selling point would seem more desirable if there was not any information already out there. I was a little hesitant to post this one. I think from a collectors view you either want the piece or you don't,so it probably doesn't matter. I do enjoy a good ebay auction! I'll send you a pm when I list them. Just curious, Can I post pictures of tokens (I have found, taken pictures of and then sold) on tokencatalog or once the item is sold do I have to get permission? Thanks for the help! Cliff

rgreever

Feb 19, 2011
You can post on the TokenCatalog site, and note that it is the "Discovery piece" in the Inventory Notes. This documents that yours is the first one found... and since no others have been reported, yours is currently the only known example.... Posting shouldn't reduce it's value...

I'm curious as to where this piece was found? In Cripple Creek, or somewhere entirely different?

OP
OP
diggingthe1

diggingthe1

Silver Member
Feb 11, 2015
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ800, Ex2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can post on the TokenCatalog site, and note that it is the "Discovery piece" in the Inventory Notes. This documents that yours is the first one found... and since no others have been reported, yours is currently the only known example.... Posting shouldn't reduce it's value...

I'm curious as to where this piece was found? In Cripple Creek, or somewhere entirely different?
Thanks I like that a lot! It was found in the Cripple Creek District along some railroad tracks. As soon as I have some time I would like to post my collection on there!

PikesPeakCharlie

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2008
Pikes Peak
Detector(s) used
Garrett Gti 2500, Garrett Gta 350, Garrett Pro-Pointer -- Whites IDX Pro, AutoMax V2 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cliff , over the past 35 years we have literally dug a couple hundred tokens in and from the district . In my experience unlisted doesn't mean a lot on price sometimes . When it comes to tokens from our side of the mountain the words "Saloon " or "Bar" are the best

VWandSTUDEBAKER

Jul 11, 2010
Gainesville FLorida
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, Whites BHID, Whites SurfPlus,Whites 5900 Pro Sl, various other detectors, TRX pin pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool token, but I prefer the ENGLE system :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread