Found a token but can't find anything about it

Kapidr

Mar 17, 2014
By the sea
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I found this token after Hurricane Matthew in Florida while detecting on the beach with my Excal. It's about the size of a nickel but I can not find any information on it anywhere online. Can anyone help with researching it?

It says Clyde Saloon

St. Augustine

Good for 5 cents in trade

Saloon Token.jpg

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Maybe this one:
Bar Where BoxersDrank Is HeadedFor DemolitionJACKSONVILLE, Fla. (AP) - JohnL. Sullivan once put his foot on the onyxrail. So did "Gentleman Jim" Corbettand race driver Barney Oldfield.It was known as the Clyde Saloon inthe day s when the two champion prizefighters visited the downtown Jacksonvillenight spot for a drink.The two-story brick building in whichthe Clyde resides has been bought byAtlantic Ban corporation and will betorn down to clear the way for adowntown redevelopment project.
Source:http://nyshistoricnewspapers.org/lccn/sn84031170/1971-12-17/ed-1/seq-14.pdf
Don.....

OP
OP
Kapidr

Kapidr

Mar 17, 2014
By the sea
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Maybe this one:
Bar Where BoxersDrank Is HeadedFor DemolitionJACKSONVILLE, Fla. (AP) - JohnL. Sullivan once put his foot on the onyxrail. So did "Gentleman Jim" Corbettand race driver Barney Oldfield.It was known as the Clyde Saloon inthe day s when the two champion prizefighters visited the downtown Jacksonvillenight spot for a drink.The two-story brick building in whichthe Clyde resides has been bought byAtlantic Ban corporation and will betorn down to clear the way for adowntown redevelopment project.
Source:http://nyshistoricnewspapers.org/lccn/sn84031170/1971-12-17/ed-1/seq-14.pdf
Don.....

I suppose it's possible but if back then was anything like it is today, saying something of Jacksonville is St. Augustine is like saying New York if like Florida :)

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
searched.gif
Until someone pipes in - I searched Google and found...that one was sold on EBay back in 2014 BUT couldn't recover what it sold for!
front.jpg back.jpg

idahotokens

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2003
Primary Interest:
Other
It is listed in Clark's Florida Trade Tokens book, but with no history or background info. Rarity 6 (1-5 known) at the time. This is from the first edition of the book - I don't have the 2nd.
John in the Great 208

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread