nova

Jan 10, 2009
Utah
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT //Fisher CZ-3D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Purchased eBay token
I bought this token from EBay the seller said It is posted in the Pacific, MO (Franklin County) as found in the 1893 through 1914 Duns. I asked him where he got the info and he said
I gave you the D&B info, which is not directly posted anywhere (other than my eBay listing). So it makes me wonder anyone can just list some maverick and say it is in the D&B,
here is the token can anyone provide me a link or an article because I feel this guy is unsure. He claims it's is from St Louis Missouri 1883 1914 I researched to no avail I did come up with a newspaper in Hawaii Pacific Commercial

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    164.2 KB · Views: 74

rgreever

Feb 19, 2011
The attribution to Pacific, MO may be correct. Louis P. Gross is listed in the 1900 Census in Pacific as running a saloon. In 1910, he is shown as "own income". In 1920, he is shown as retired/pool room keeper.

James Kattner, a contributor to the TokenCatalog site has posted this reference info: Louis P. Gross, saloon & billiards, Pacific, MO as listed 1893 Dun, 1902 Bradstreet & 1914 Dun.
It looks like the image he loaded onto the TokenCatalog site is the token you purchased on eBay. The references he cites likely are only the proprietor's name. His research is good, so I believe he found L.P. Gross and/or Louis P. Gross in the directories specified.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread