Octofoil trade token found

Deft Tones

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2016
Hawkeye State - Area 515
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, XP Deus, Minelab Sovereign GT, Garrett AT Pro, Whites TRX (2), Predator Raven, Predator Raptor, Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
Other
Coal mining camp find. Dug over 100 miles from the poolhall that issued the token. Not sure how unique it is yet. Difficult to get a good picture indoors so I did a quick and dirty rub.

I didn't realize until the other day there was a token section to Tnet...lol.

Hope you enjoy.
k9mvo.jpg

Thanks for peeking.

Beezly

Mar 20, 2017
Finger Lakes, NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold,
BH Land Ranger Pro,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Minelab Equinox 900,
Whites TRX,
Minelab ProFind 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a cool design, can't wait to see a picture :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
Deft Tones

Deft Tones

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2016
Hawkeye State - Area 515
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, XP Deus, Minelab Sovereign GT, Garrett AT Pro, Whites TRX (2), Predator Raven, Predator Raptor, Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
Other
That's a cool design, can't wait to see a picture :icon_thumright:

I'll try to get a better picture today of the token outside in the sunlight. I'm a poor photographer but will do my best with what I have.

oddcoins

Bronze Member
Jun 21, 2006
Eugene Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab eTrac ~ DetectorPro Pocket Uniprobe
Oh yeah ~ that is a great find!

This token is listed on the on-line token database, however there is no pictures to go along with the listing. PLEASE post pic's of the front & back!

. . . . is it OK with you if I use your images to add to the on-line token info sharing database? I can mention you as the finder & contributor!

THANKS!,
Neil

OP
OP
Deft Tones

Deft Tones

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2016
Hawkeye State - Area 515
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Please do. I can't get better pictures until we have sunshine. Yesterday was overcast. Today may be partly sunny.

I'll post them here when I can get them taken.

Thank you.

OP
OP
Deft Tones

Deft Tones

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2016
Hawkeye State - Area 515
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
So I forgot to post pictures, I am sorry. They are coming today.

In the meanwhile, I took these two tokens to a local coin dealer and in his Iowa trade token book he has tokens listed from this pool hall that stop at 5 cents in trade. There are no listings for 2.5 cent tokens in the Iowa token catalog. He took a few looks to double check and was surprised I have something not listed. All he coukd say was, "The guy who wrote this book comes in once a week or so. You might show him."

I left without leaving my contact info, happy I have something undiscovered.

Pics coming today....

OP
OP
Deft Tones

Deft Tones

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2016
Hawkeye State - Area 515
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
1496928053159.jpg
1496928053527.jpg

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
The reverse of your token reads, in part, Rear of Ballingall Hotel.
The hotel was established in 1866 as the Ballingall House, by Peter G. Ballingall who had come from Scotland and arrived in Ottomwa in 1858.
The land on which the hotel was located is now occupied by Parkview Plaza.
You may wish to contact the Wapello County Historical Museum, 210 West Main Street, Ottumwa, IA 52501,Phone: (641) 682-8676 for more information.
Don.........

intimer

Jan 15, 2009
east tennessee
Thought I saw road then went back start of posting and saw rear then tried to change my post
intimer
there is a pool hall catalog -- posting ur token on token catalog online is good helpful to others.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread