1 DRINK

etex

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2013
Longview, Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dug in Paris, Texas. photo.JPG photo (2).JPG

Has 1 DRINK on each side, C H S on one side and D H M on other, also has symbol on each side, 24 mm, brass. Can't find anything on owners

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats a great token! Still looking for my first saloon token. I cant help with where its from, but hopefully you can track it down. Saloon tokens are some of the most popular (and expensive) types for collectors.

chs token.jpg

Don't know if its related but I found this listing for a saloon token that also has some of the same elements. Yours could be a maverick (not associated to a specific location) or it could be an unknown variety for a known place. If thats true it would be a very, very valuable token.

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very cool token, congratulations! :occasion14:

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find. Saloon tokens are very desirable to collectors, and just plain fun to find.

Old Pueblo

Bronze Member
Mar 7, 2017
Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dug in Paris, Texas. View attachment 1529520 View attachment 1529521

Has 1 DRINK on each side, C H S on one side and D H M on other, also has symbol on each side, 24 mm, brass. Can't find anything on owners

I dont know if Paris, Texas, is an old place, but there are lots of old towns in Texas. That said, the token probably came from somewhere nearby, probably a saloon in Paris. You might try looking up the history of Paris, and find out who the business owners and leaders in the community were in the latter half of the 19th century and the early 20th century, and you may find a match for those initials. The smaller the town is the easier it will be to find a match, if there is one to be found. But also remember that saloons werent the only places that sold a drink back then.

IAMZIM

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2011
Butte City, Montana
Detector(s) used
ace 250/garret pinpointer, garret AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another good resource is if you can find a directory for the town you are looking up. I have been able to identify many of my tokens that way.

OP
OP
etex

etex

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2013
Longview, Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found more info., added to post on today's finds, thanks

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread