"FS" Token
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Member
Discoveries
 
Results 1 to 15 of 15
Like Tree16Likes
  • 4 Post By Iron Buzz
  • 1 Post By rook3434
  • 1 Post By Terry Soloman
  • 1 Post By Iron Buzz
  • 3 Post By idahotokens
  • 1 Post By Iron Buzz
  • 1 Post By idahotokens
  • 2 Post By tokensmith
  • 1 Post By Iron Buzz
  • 1 Post By tokensmith

Thread: "FS" Token

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
  1. #1
    us
    Oct 2016
    South St Paul, MN
    XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800
    1,104
    1569 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)

    "FS" Token

    Same on both sides. Its a tough one to search for, but I don't think it is on tokencatalog. Found in South St. Paul, MN

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dCuHB5b.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	1.77 MB 
ID:	1609122

  2. #2
    Charter Member
    us
    Rook

    Nov 2013
    Mississippi
    XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
    11,726
    37917 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Congrats. That ones in great shape
    A2coins likes this.

  3. #3
    Charter Member
    us
    TerrysKnifeStore.com

    May 2010
    White Plains, New York
    Minelab GPZ 7000; Equinox 600 -- Teknetics EuroTek PRO -- Grave Digger Tools Nemesis shovel, Sidekick hand digger -- Bunk's Hermit Pick
    16,750
    22699 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Cool find!

  4. #4
    us
    Oct 2016
    South St Paul, MN
    XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800
    1,104
    1569 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    No guesses or better on the origin of it? I suspect that it isn't all that old, but I did dig an 1882 Indian Head from the same park earlier in the week, so anything is possible.
    A2coins likes this.

  5. #5

    Aug 2003
    2,073
    1035 times
    That is one of the many similar tokens from the Minneapolis-St. Paul area. It is not in the Smith's Amusement Tokens of the Minneapolis St. Paul Area listing as published in the Journal of the Token and Medal Society. I'd say list it on tokencatalog and maybe the MN token cataloger or someone else will be able to identify who what and where FS was. Typically those tokens were used in pinball machine establishments ca. 1930s-WWII

    John in the Great 208

  6. #6
    us
    Oct 2016
    South St Paul, MN
    XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800
    1,104
    1569 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by idahotokens View Post
    That is one of the many similar tokens from the Minneapolis-St. Paul area. It is not in the Smith's Amusement Tokens of the Minneapolis St. Paul Area listing as published in the Journal of the Token and Medal Society. I'd say list it on tokencatalog and maybe the MN token cataloger or someone else will be able to identify who what and where FS was. Typically those tokens were used in pinball machine establishments ca. 1930s-WWII

    John in the Great 208
    Thanks. I will do that. Does tokencatalog notify the creator of a post when somebody adds to his listing?
    A2coins likes this.

  7. #7

    Aug 2003
    2,073
    1035 times
    yes - I do believe that is automatic. That is why Richard wants you to register on the site to post. Do post pics of both sides, even though they look the same.
    John
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Buzz View Post
    Thanks. I will do that. Does tokencatalog notify the creator of a post when somebody adds to his listing?
    A2coins likes this.

  8. #8
    us
    Oct 2016
    South St Paul, MN
    XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800
    1,104
    1569 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by idahotokens View Post
    yes - I do believe that is automatic. That is why Richard wants you to register on the site to post. Do post pics of both sides, even though they look the same.
    John
    I added it just a few minutes ago. Didn't save the link though, and unable to find my post now.

  9. #9
    us
    Oct 2016
    South St Paul, MN
    XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800
    1,104
    1569 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by idahotokens View Post
    yes - I do believe that is automatic. That is why Richard wants you to register on the site to post. Do post pics of both sides, even though they look the same.
    John
    I just received a couple of emails from the site that I don't really understand, but makes it sound as though my submission was rejected for some reason.

    TokenCatalog #523996

  10. #10

    Aug 2003
    2,073
    1035 times
    I found the listing - I think the problem was that you only posted pics of one side rather than both. It also needs the diameter in mm. Here's what there is now:

    F S (TC-523996) Unknown, U.S.A.

    John

  11. #11
    us
    Oct 2016
    South St Paul, MN
    XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800
    1,104
    1569 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by idahotokens View Post
    I found the listing - I think the problem was that you only posted pics of one side rather than both. It also needs the diameter in mm. Here's what there is now:

    F S (TC-523996) Unknown, U.S.A.

    John
    I did post both sides, or at least attempted to, and I did fill in the diameter... 22mm. I went to the basement and grabbed my calipers and checked it.

  12. #12

    Aug 2007
    136
    41 times
    I changed the reverse listing to (same) and added the size. If you want to add the reverse, pull up the listing, click on edit listing, and then edit images. Remove the old image and add both pictures before you upload them.
    Iron Buzz and idahotokens like this.

  13. #13
    us
    Oct 2016
    South St Paul, MN
    XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800
    1,104
    1569 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by tokensmith View Post
    I changed the reverse listing to (same) and added the size. If you want to add the reverse, pull up the listing, click on edit listing, and then edit images. Remove the old image and add both pictures before you upload them.
    Thanks. I was feeling a bit frustrated, if it wasn't obvious. I was just using the same picture for both the obverse and reverse... there is literally no difference. (I assume you are Richard?)
    A2coins likes this.

  14. #14

    Aug 2007
    136
    41 times
    Nope, I'm not Richard, but I am one of the site editors.
    A2coins likes this.

  15. #15
    Charter Member
    us
    Tommy

    Dec 2015
    Ann Arbor
    Equinox 800
    23,221
    29527 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    i like it

    Approved TreasureNet Stickers

    .:: $3.00 for 11" X 3" Bumper Sticker ::.
    .:: $2.25 for 1" x 4" Detector Sticker ::.
    (Free Shipping)


    SEE: TreasureNet Bumper Stickers

 

 

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Slim pickins today...silver "Roosie", "Buff", "wheaties" and "Yikes"!
    By lorraine in forum Beach and Shallow Water
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: Mar 15, 2011, 03:50 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: May 22, 2009, 11:45 PM
  3. "POD" button and "R" token found
    By ModernMiner in forum Today's Finds!
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: May 14, 2007, 03:43 PM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: May 12, 2007, 11:46 PM
  5. Civil War Site Token "10" and "TLM"
    By MonkeyBoy in forum What Is It?
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: Mar 16, 2007, 04:54 AM
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.3.0