Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Same on both sides. Its a tough one to search for, but I don't think it is on tokencatalog. Found in South St. Paul, MN

dCuHB5b.jpg

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Congrats. That ones in great shape:icon_thumleft:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Cool find!:hello2:

OP
OP
Iron Buzz

Iron Buzz

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No guesses or better on the origin of it? I suspect that it isn't all that old, but I did dig an 1882 Indian Head from the same park earlier in the week, so anything is possible.

idahotokens

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2003
Primary Interest:
Other
That is one of the many similar tokens from the Minneapolis-St. Paul area. It is not in the Smith's Amusement Tokens of the Minneapolis St. Paul Area listing as published in the Journal of the Token and Medal Society. I'd say list it on tokencatalog and maybe the MN token cataloger or someone else will be able to identify who what and where FS was. Typically those tokens were used in pinball machine establishments ca. 1930s-WWII

John in the Great 208

OP
OP
Iron Buzz

Iron Buzz

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That is one of the many similar tokens from the Minneapolis-St. Paul area. It is not in the Smith's Amusement Tokens of the Minneapolis St. Paul Area listing as published in the Journal of the Token and Medal Society. I'd say list it on tokencatalog and maybe the MN token cataloger or someone else will be able to identify who what and where FS was. Typically those tokens were used in pinball machine establishments ca. 1930s-WWII

John in the Great 208

Thanks. I will do that. Does tokencatalog notify the creator of a post when somebody adds to his listing?

idahotokens

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2003
Primary Interest:
Other
yes - I do believe that is automatic. That is why Richard wants you to register on the site to post. Do post pics of both sides, even though they look the same.
John
Thanks. I will do that. Does tokencatalog notify the creator of a post when somebody adds to his listing?

OP
OP
Iron Buzz

Iron Buzz

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
yes - I do believe that is automatic. That is why Richard wants you to register on the site to post. Do post pics of both sides, even though they look the same.
John

I added it just a few minutes ago. Didn't save the link though, and unable to find my post now.

OP
OP
Iron Buzz

Iron Buzz

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
John

I just received a couple of emails from the site that I don't really understand, but makes it sound as though my submission was rejected for some reason.

TokenCatalog #523996

OP
OP
Iron Buzz

Iron Buzz

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I found the listing - I think the problem was that you only posted pics of one side rather than both. It also needs the diameter in mm. Here's what there is now:

F S (TC-523996) Unknown, U.S.A.

John
I did post both sides, or at least attempted to, and I did fill in the diameter... 22mm. I went to the basement and grabbed my calipers and checked it.

tokensmith

Aug 8, 2007
I changed the reverse listing to (same) and added the size. If you want to add the reverse, pull up the listing, click on edit listing, and then edit images. Remove the old image and add both pictures before you upload them.

OP
OP
Iron Buzz

Iron Buzz

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I changed the reverse listing to (same) and added the size. If you want to add the reverse, pull up the listing, click on edit listing, and then edit images. Remove the old image and add both pictures before you upload them.
Thanks. I was feeling a bit frustrated, if it wasn't obvious. I was just using the same picture for both the obverse and reverse... there is literally no difference. (I assume you are Richard?)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread