Ohio
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend,
Rutus Atrex,
Minelab Equinox 600,
Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this token yesterday but can't identify it yet. It's larger than a nickel but smaller than a quarter.

I can make out the letters W F X (or W E X) in the middle, and "in Trade" on the lower half.

The reverse is completely smooth.

Any ideas what it's for? Maybe just a local place counter stamped it for use?

Thanks.
WEX token (2).jpg

OP
OP
dave_e

dave_e

Aug 30, 2015
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend,
Rutus Atrex,
Minelab Equinox 600,
Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow!!
Thanks idahotokens.

I found this in Beach City in the center of town.

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow!!
Thanks idahotokens.

I found this in Beach City in the center of town.

Center of town Beach City? At that flashing light?:laughing7: I'm joking!! ..kind of...

That's a cool find! Kind of a cool to see something found in a place I use to run around at, but never got to detect. I did get to detect a little in Rogues Hollow.

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Beach City, Ohio is about 12 miles north of New Philidelphia, Ohio. In the April 6, 1928 edition of the Daily Times from New Philidelphia, Ohio, there is the following exerpt on page 11: "[FONT=&quot]C. L. Maurer will have an opening of his hotel Saturday evening, April 7th. The building has been redecorated and new plumbing or bath fixtures installed. It is a three story building located on the corner of Main and West streets and was always known as the Richwood hotel." The next sentence mentions Beach City, Ohio. 'Connecting the dots', this Richwood hotel may have housed the pool hall from which the token came--based on the information disclosed in "Idahotokens" post.
Don..[/FONT]

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beach City, Ohio is about 12 miles north of New Philidelphia, Ohio. In the April 6, 1928 edition of the Daily Times from New Philidelphia, Ohio, there is the following exerpt on page 11: "[FONT="]C. L. Maurer will have an opening of his hotel Saturday evening, April 7th. The building has been redecorated and new plumbing or bath fixtures installed. It is a three story building located on the corner of Main and West streets and was always known as the Richwood hotel." The next sentence mentions Beach City, Ohio. 'Connecting the dots', this Richwood hotel may have housed the pool hall from which the token came--based on the information disclosed in "Idahotokens" post.
Don..[/FONT]

If I'm not mistaken...Anyone traveling South, would have gone through Beach city at that time. That would have been the main road. Or real close depending on which direction they came down from.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions