Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not sure if this was my wisest buy, but I collect Andrew Jackson Tokens and I was the last bidder on this one so there you go. Can’t find it anywhere and looks homemade. She said not sure of age it’s quarter size made from nickel. Total cost $55 ouch VERY OLD ANDREW JACKSON ID TAG TOKEN 4A51831E-6A6F-44A4-ABF9-56041F68E0C2.png

Last edited:

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One thing I have learned Truth is that money is only a means to obtain what you like in life. $55 or $55,000 if you like it and it makes you happy, and you have the means, what you paid for it means nothing. If this thing said Rolex on it I would have bought it and probably would have paid more. That is what I like! Good on you, its a neat piece. And you never know what will happen, 8 years ago I bought a First year Rolex Daytona. We will use 30K as an example of cost. I wanted one so bad, when they were 3K I didn't have the 3K then they were 6K and I didn't have that. I saw it, it was what I wanted and my cray @$$ dropped the dollars on it and walked out of the shop kicking myself and cursing myself under my breath. WHAT KIND OF IDIOT spends that kind of money on a wrist watch? within 5 years it was 150K Then they found Paul Newmans Paul Newman Daytona the watch was nick named after him. His watch brought over 17 million freaking dollars at an auction and mine went to 300K over night. I get to tell myself I wasn't such and idiot after all. One never knows what will happen to what you buy

Last edited:
OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
One thing I have learned Truth is that money is only a means to obtain what you like in life. $55 or $55,000 if you like it and it makes you happy, and you have the means, what you paid for it means nothing. If this thing said Rolex on it I would have bought it and probably would have paid more. That is what I like! Good on you, its a neat piece. And you never know what will happen, 8 years ago I bought a First year Rolex Daytona. We will use 30K as an example of cost. I wanted one so bad, when they were 3K I didn't have the 3K then they were 6K and I didn't have that. I saw it, it was what I wanted and my cray @$$ dropped the dollars on it and walked out of the shop kicking myself and cursing myself under my breath. WHAT KIND OF IDIOT spends that kind of money on a wrist watch? within 5 years it was 150K Then they found Paul Newmans Paul Newman Daytona the watch was nick named after him. His watch brought over 17 million freaking dollars at an auction and mine went to 300K over night. I get to tell myself I wasn't such and idiot after all. One never knows what will happen to what you buy

Great great story and I wanted it
and I got it. You’re my kind of guy. Thanks for taking the time out to reassure me I buy what I like and I liked it a little more than the last guy. I win :)

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wish I could help , the token looks cool, crazy if the token Jeff pictured is a different token . ???

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wish I could help , the token looks cool, crazy if the token Jeff pictured is a different token . ???

Man Davers I don’t know what to make out of it it looks homemade and then it doesn’t. It was so intriguing to me I had to buy it LOL

Joe-Dirt

Silver Member
Jan 18, 2018
Central Massachusetts
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Manticore & XP Deus II , 2 Garrett carrots, Minelab find 35 pin pointer, NX6 shovel , 31” Lesche shovel, whites digmaster, Lesche hand trowel, 3-5 gallon buckets full of crappola
Primary Interest:
Other

Hawks88

Gold Member
Aug 26, 2012
Niagara falls
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’m the same. If I see something I want I just buy it. I don’t care what other people think or say. I didn’t buy it to satisfy them I did it to satisfy me. If your satisfied with what you got and what you paid then that’s all that matters. Great buy. Money well spent. Congrats

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I’m the same. If I see something I want I just buy it. I don’t care what other people think or say. I didn’t buy it to satisfy them I did it to satisfy me. If your satisfied with what you got and what you paid then that’s all that matters. Great buy. Money well spent. Congrats

Thanks Hawks88 being for New Orleans I love me some Andrew Jackson. I also have one on the 3 actual Presidential Tokens he put out. IMG_0526.JPG IMG_0527.JPG

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great great story and I wanted it
and I got it. You’re my kind of guy. Thanks for taking the time out to reassure me I buy what I like and I liked it a little more than the last guy. I win :)
This was an auction? you couldn't have been been hurt on it. You paid a little more than the last guy and he probably had an idea of value. There are seldom two idiots over paying for something. Except maybe Barrett Jackson auto auctions. Those idiots get there jollies by getting there face on tv throwing away money!

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This was an auction? you couldn't have been been hurt on it. You paid a little more than the last guy and he probably had an idea of value. There are seldom two idiots over paying for something. Except maybe Barrett Jackson auto auctions. Those idiots get there jollies by getting there face on tv throwing away money!

Lol ain’t that the truth

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great story trdking! Great buy...did you sell it?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread