Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Member
Discoveries
 
Results 1 to 13 of 13
Like Tree24Likes
  • 5 Post By Truth1253
  • 2 Post By jeff of pa
  • 3 Post By trdking
  • 2 Post By Truth1253
  • 2 Post By intimer
  • 1 Post By Truth1253
  • 2 Post By Davers
  • 1 Post By Truth1253
  • 2 Post By Joe-Dirt
  • 1 Post By Hawks88
  • 1 Post By Truth1253
  • 1 Post By trdking
  • 1 Post By Truth1253

Thread: Andrew Jackson Token

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
  1. #1
    Charter Member
    us
    I'm a greater believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it” ― Thomas Jefferson

    Apr 2016
    Abita Springs....Born in New Orleans
    EQUINOX 800
    8,240
    15177 times
    Metal Detecting

    Andrew Jackson Token

    Not sure if this was my wisest buy, but I collect Andrew Jackson Tokens and I was the last bidder on this one so there you go. Canít find it anywhere and looks homemade. She said not sure of age itís quarter size made from nickel. Total cost $55 ouch VERY OLD ANDREW JACKSON ID TAG TOKENClick image for larger version. 

Name:	4A51831E-6A6F-44A4-ABF9-56041F68E0C2.png 
Views:	74 
Size:	1.53 MB 
ID:	1657939
    Last edited by Truth1253; Dec 05, 2018 at 10:14 PM.

  2. #2

    Dec 2003
    MINELAB EXPLORER SE PRO ....... Garrett Pro PointerÖÖ Sovereign XS-2 Pro
    64,906
    27954 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    the name Definitely Looks Hand Stamped one letter at a time.

    Some letters No even sizing or Spacing

    also

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	000aaa.png 
Views:	26 
Size:	783.0 KB 
ID:	1657952

    This Art Deco Plate from the 1930's Has the Same Marking



    PT APD FOR

    https://www.etsy.com/listing/5346084...ith-deco-style
    Last edited by jeff of pa; Dec 06, 2018 at 01:59 AM.
    Hawks88 and trdking like this.

  3. #3
    us
    Randy

    Feb 2015
    Fullerton CA
    Minelab CTX 3030 AT Pro
    3,415
    4593 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    One thing I have learned Truth is that money is only a means to obtain what you like in life. $55 or $55,000 if you like it and it makes you happy, and you have the means, what you paid for it means nothing. If this thing said Rolex on it I would have bought it and probably would have paid more. That is what I like! Good on you, its a neat piece. And you never know what will happen, 8 years ago I bought a First year Rolex Daytona. We will use 30K as an example of cost. I wanted one so bad, when they were 3K I didn't have the 3K then they were 6K and I didn't have that. I saw it, it was what I wanted and my cray @$$ dropped the dollars on it and walked out of the shop kicking myself and cursing myself under my breath. WHAT KIND OF IDIOT spends that kind of money on a wrist watch? within 5 years it was 150K Then they found Paul Newmans Paul Newman Daytona the watch was nick named after him. His watch brought over 17 million freaking dollars at an auction and mine went to 300K over night. I get to tell myself I wasn't such and idiot after all. One never knows what will happen to what you buy
    Last edited by trdking; Dec 06, 2018 at 02:51 AM.
    Anything That Comes Out of The Dirt Is Awesome!

    Best find 1941 Patek Philippe 2 register flat pusher Chronograph Bought 1,000 Sold 62,000 !!
    First Year 911 Porsche Purchased 36K SOLD 140K!!! Whoo Hoo

  4. #4
    Charter Member
    us
    I'm a greater believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it” ― Thomas Jefferson

    Apr 2016
    Abita Springs....Born in New Orleans
    EQUINOX 800
    8,240
    15177 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by trdking View Post
    One thing I have learned Truth is that money is only a means to obtain what you like in life. $55 or $55,000 if you like it and it makes you happy, and you have the means, what you paid for it means nothing. If this thing said Rolex on it I would have bought it and probably would have paid more. That is what I like! Good on you, its a neat piece. And you never know what will happen, 8 years ago I bought a First year Rolex Daytona. We will use 30K as an example of cost. I wanted one so bad, when they were 3K I didn't have the 3K then they were 6K and I didn't have that. I saw it, it was what I wanted and my cray @$$ dropped the dollars on it and walked out of the shop kicking myself and cursing myself under my breath. WHAT KIND OF IDIOT spends that kind of money on a wrist watch? within 5 years it was 150K Then they found Paul Newmans Paul Newman Daytona the watch was nick named after him. His watch brought over 17 million freaking dollars at an auction and mine went to 300K over night. I get to tell myself I wasn't such and idiot after all. One never knows what will happen to what you buy
    Great great story and I wanted it
    and I got it. Youíre my kind of guy. Thanks for taking the time out to reassure me I buy what I like and I liked it a little more than the last guy. I win
    trdking and Hawks88 like this.

  5. #5
    us
    Jan 2009
    east tennessee
    698
    26 times
    Here’s a good link for counter struck tokens

    http://www.exonumia.com/art/cmc.htm
    Truth1253 and Hawks88 like this.

  6. #6
    Charter Member
    us
    I'm a greater believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it” ― Thomas Jefferson

    Apr 2016
    Abita Springs....Born in New Orleans
    EQUINOX 800
    8,240
    15177 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by intimer View Post
    Hereís a good link for counter struck tokens

    http://www.exonumia.com/art/cmc.htm
    Thank you intimer
    Hawks88 likes this.

  7. #7
    Charter Member
    us
    Old Tom Cat.

    Jan 2013
    N.of , I-285...GA
    Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
    6,739
    5043 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Wish I could help , the token looks cool, crazy if the token Jeff pictured is a different token .
    Hawks88 and Truth1253 like this.
    As I am finding , In life we begin having the Blissful happiness & the Wonder & innocence of a Child, then fall Quickly, then spend the rest of our lives trying to reach that point where we began ,through Pleasure , Fame, & Materials but Only 'Through true faith in Jesus , can we find Prefect Happiness or true Meaning in our Short lives on this Beautiful Earth filled with both the Light of Pure goodness & The Darkness of Pure Evil. D.

    That Said, I judge No Man.
    Davers

  8. #8
    Charter Member
    us
    I'm a greater believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it” ― Thomas Jefferson

    Apr 2016
    Abita Springs....Born in New Orleans
    EQUINOX 800
    8,240
    15177 times
    Metal Detecting

    Andrew Jackson Token

    Quote Originally Posted by Davers View Post
    Wish I could help , the token looks cool, crazy if the token Jeff pictured is a different token .
    Man Davers I donít know what to make out of it it looks homemade and then it doesnít. It was so intriguing to me I had to buy it LOL
    Hawks88 likes this.

  9. #9
    Charter Member
    us
    Bob

    Jan 2018
    Central Massachusetts
    Garrett AT pro, Garrett AT Max, Garrett carrot, Detech 15x12, 4.5Ē SS and a couple of shovels
    743
    1033 times
    Relic Hunting
    I like it
    Hawks88 and Truth1253 like this.

  10. #10
    ca
    Hawks88

    Aug 2012
    Niagara falls
    Equinox 600, fisher gold bug pro.
    5,060
    4884 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    I’m the same. If I see something I want I just buy it. I don’t care what other people think or say. I didn’t buy it to satisfy them I did it to satisfy me. If your satisfied with what you got and what you paid then that’s all that matters. Great buy. Money well spent. Congrats
    Truth1253 likes this.

  11. #11
    Charter Member
    us
    I'm a greater believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it” ― Thomas Jefferson

    Apr 2016
    Abita Springs....Born in New Orleans
    EQUINOX 800
    8,240
    15177 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawks88 View Post
    Iím the same. If I see something I want I just buy it. I donít care what other people think or say. I didnít buy it to satisfy them I did it to satisfy me. If your satisfied with what you got and what you paid then thatís all that matters. Great buy. Money well spent. Congrats
    Thanks Hawks88 being for New Orleans I love me some Andrew Jackson. I also have one on the 3 actual Presidential Tokens he put out. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0526.JPG 
Views:	21 
Size:	407.3 KB 
ID:	1658108Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0527.JPG 
Views:	20 
Size:	386.6 KB 
ID:	1658109
    Hawks88 likes this.

  12. #12
    us
    Randy

    Feb 2015
    Fullerton CA
    Minelab CTX 3030 AT Pro
    3,415
    4593 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Truth1253 View Post
    Great great story and I wanted it
    and I got it. You’re my kind of guy. Thanks for taking the time out to reassure me I buy what I like and I liked it a little more than the last guy. I win
    This was an auction? you couldn't have been been hurt on it. You paid a little more than the last guy and he probably had an idea of value. There are seldom two idiots over paying for something. Except maybe Barrett Jackson auto auctions. Those idiots get there jollies by getting there face on tv throwing away money!
    Truth1253 likes this.
    Anything That Comes Out of The Dirt Is Awesome!

    Best find 1941 Patek Philippe 2 register flat pusher Chronograph Bought 1,000 Sold 62,000 !!
    First Year 911 Porsche Purchased 36K SOLD 140K!!! Whoo Hoo

  13. #13
    Charter Member
    us
    I'm a greater believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it” ― Thomas Jefferson

    Apr 2016
    Abita Springs....Born in New Orleans
    EQUINOX 800
    8,240
    15177 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by trdking View Post
    This was an auction? you couldn't have been been hurt on it. You paid a little more than the last guy and he probably had an idea of value. There are seldom two idiots over paying for something. Except maybe Barrett Jackson auto auctions. Those idiots get there jollies by getting there face on tv throwing away money!
    Lol ainít that the truth
    trdking likes this.

 

 

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: Sep 19, 2018, 10:19 AM
  2. Andrew Jackson Token
    By ShovelinDave in forum Tokens & Tags
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: Feb 11, 2017, 09:44 PM
  3. Replies: 7
    Last Post: Apr 03, 2016, 01:28 PM
  4. Andrew O Jackson
    By jstorz in forum Today's Finds!
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: Mar 31, 2013, 10:55 PM
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.3.0