Merchandise Tokens

Diggindennis

Nov 18, 2018
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Magnolia Land and Lumber tokens that I found at one of my best detecting sites 20181213_175228.jpg

intimer

Jan 15, 2009
east tennessee
I can not make out wording on the token. Great find regardless. So I’d like to ask a few details.
It appears to be unlisted in Trantow’s lumber catalog. So it would be nice to know more about what you found. Such as - Denominations, metal, diameter in millimeters, wording precisely with line breaks front and back.
If we can attribute it or if it has location on token that would be super.
There will be a new edition of Trantow’s catalog, long been sorely needed. The NSCA sincerely would like to see any unlisted lumber, naval stores, turpentine, logging, sawmill...etc, listed in the new 3rd edition of Lumber Store Tokens.
Great find Diggindennis!
Mike

OP
OP
D

Diggindennis

Nov 18, 2018
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have like three others than I've found that are easier to read,but on side it reads "GOOD FOR $1 IN MERCHANDISE" and on the other It reads "Magnolia Land and Lumber Co. Magnolia NC..a couple of them are 50cent and a couple are $1in merchandise

OP
OP
D

Diggindennis

Nov 18, 2018
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome intimer, yes I searched the tokens online and could never find a match. I'll send you a couple pics of the others I've found they're easier to read. On one side it reads "Magnolia Land and Lumber Co. Magnolia N.C. and on the reverse it read"Good For $1 IN Merchandise". The only thing that I could find online about these was the name of the man in charge of Magnolia land and lumber company in the very early 1900s. The tokens are very light weight and appear to be aluminum

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Cool tokens, congratulations! :occasion14:

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting