🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Modified Explorer 2
Raptor c-31 digger
31" Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was on my way home and spied a fresh tear out on main street in my the town where I live. It was already dark, so I drove home, grabbed my CTX and my headlamp. I called the dispatch for the police station to let them know what I was up to. I've had the police called on me twice for hunting in the tear outs here, I figured I'd head em off at the pass this time. Within 15 minutes I scored my first coin, a 193? wheat, which was a good sign. Not 10 minutes later and maybe 20' from where the wheat came out, I popped a nickle sized object.
Looking closely I could see it wasn't a nickle. I rubbed the dirt off of one side and could see a rim and some writing, I knew I had a token of some sort. I hunted for another hour and a half and didn't turn up anything worth while. After I got home and cleaned the dirt off, I could see what I had found, a nice brass saloon token :headbang:
I called my buddy and told him what I had, he looked it up in his NM token book, a semi rare R-9 token, only 3-5 know to exist :laughing7: it shows they can be worth up to $600, a nice little hunt turned up a very unexpected treasure. This is my first saloon token that I've found in this small village that was from a local saloon. The Banjo saloon was in business from 1907-1914
Can someone recommend a safe way to clean brass tokens, thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_8087.JPG
    IMG_8087.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 155
  • IMG_8088.JPG
    IMG_8088.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 120

Icewing

Silver Member
Jan 5, 2016
NW Arkanslaw
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900 / Garrett PropointerAT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Warm water, dish soap, someone else's toothbrush

OP
OP
Dan(NM)

Dan(NM)

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2014
Central Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Modified Explorer 2
Raptor c-31 digger
31" Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice find, should clean up nice! :occasion14:

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amazing that you could find that piece of hidtory in the little window of time great save

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions