🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Modified Explorer 2
Raptor c-31 digger
31" Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was on my way home and spied a fresh tear out on main street in my the town where I live. It was already dark, so I drove home, grabbed my CTX and my headlamp. I called the dispatch for the police station to let them know what I was up to. I've had the police called on me twice for hunting in the tear outs here, I figured I'd head em off at the pass this time. Within 15 minutes I scored my first coin, a 193? wheat, which was a good sign. Not 10 minutes later and maybe 20' from where the wheat came out, I popped a nickle sized object.
Looking closely I could see it wasn't a nickle. I rubbed the dirt off of one side and could see a rim and some writing, I knew I had a token of some sort. I hunted for another hour and a half and didn't turn up anything worth while. After I got home and cleaned the dirt off, I could see what I had found, a nice brass saloon token :headbang:
I called my buddy and told him what I had, he looked it up in his NM token book, a semi rare R-9 token, only 3-5 know to exist :laughing7: it shows they can be worth up to $600, a nice little hunt turned up a very unexpected treasure. This is my first saloon token that I've found in this small village that was from a local saloon. The Banjo saloon was in business from 1907-1914
Can someone recommend a safe way to clean brass tokens, thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_8087.JPG
    IMG_8087.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 155
  • IMG_8088.JPG
    IMG_8088.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 120

Icewing

Silver Member
Jan 5, 2016
NW Arkanslaw
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900 / Garrett PropointerAT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Warm water, dish soap, someone else's toothbrush

OP
OP
Dan(NM)

Dan(NM)

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2014
Central Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Modified Explorer 2
Raptor c-31 digger
31" Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice find, should clean up nice! :occasion14:

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amazing that you could find that piece of hidtory in the little window of time great save

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread