Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I found another like this a year or two ago. Found two about 3 feet apart yesterday, about 3 feet from a different token that dates to the 1930's-1940's. Any information about this one, anybody? Tried searching Token Catalog for "V" but didn't see it. Reverse is identical. Just an arcade token, perhaps?

ypXNUrU.jpg

Raider19962

Mar 4, 2018
Delaware, The First State
Detector(s) used
White's, Technetics, Fisher M, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since there are five stars, the V may represent the Roman numeral 5, but for what purpose I couldn't tell you. I searched the Numista token catalog as well, but nothing like it. Interesting find!

OP
OP
Iron Buzz

Iron Buzz

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Since there are five stars, the V may represent the Roman numeral 5, but for what purpose I couldn't tell you. I searched the Numista token catalog as well, but nothing like it. Interesting find!

Thanks for trying! I suspect it was from some local (St Paul) business, given that I've now found three of them.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Cool find, congrats! :occasion14:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In House Video Game Token would be My Guess.
(Video Parlor, County Fair, Mall)

That way the V would be Self Explanatory When
You buy them at the Counter Or they Pop out the Machine

Last edited:
OP
OP
Iron Buzz

Iron Buzz

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
In House Video Game Token would be My Guess.
(Video Parlor, County Fair, Mall)

That way the V would be Self Explanatory When
You buy them at the Counter Or they Pop out the Machine
Yeah, my best guess is something like that, too. Probably generic, sold in mass to any company that needed tokens.
But if that is true, you'd expect them to be common enough to be on token catalog, wouldn't you think?

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, my best guess is something like that, too. Probably generic, sold in mass to any company that needed tokens.
But if that is true, you'd expect them to be common enough to be on token catalog, wouldn't you think?

Depending how Old they are.
I would Guess 80s/90's Only because I Think that was the Beginning of the Video Games
Parlor Era

idahotokens

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2003
Primary Interest:
Other
IB - your token is listed in Kenneth Smith's Amusement Tokens of the Minneapolis - St. Paul Area as #992 VAA . The listing on tokencatalog needs pics of both sides - if you could take pics of both sides and post them there, it would be great.

V (TC-466080)

This is indeed a pinball machine token from one of the hundreds of places in the area that used them starting in the early 1930s.

John in the Great 208

OP
OP
Iron Buzz

Iron Buzz

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
IB - your token is listed in Kenneth Smith's Amusement Tokens of the Minneapolis - St. Paul Area as #992 VAA . The listing on tokencatalog needs pics of both sides - if you could take pics of both sides and post them there, it would be great.

V (TC-466080)

This is indeed a pinball machine token from one of the hundreds of places in the area that used them starting in the early 1930s.

John in the Great 208

Here you go. Notice that there is a very slight difference... the leftmost arm of the "V" on one side of the coin is a double line. This is identical on both tokens. Found in Inver Grove Heights, MN.

Jl4DuRZ.jpg t4vZa8x.jpg

OP
OP
Iron Buzz

Iron Buzz

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
FYI, I found two more of them at the same site yesterday, making a total of 4 from one yard.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread