Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I found two tokens today, and haven't been able to ID either of them. Tried tokencatalog.com and two different newspaper archives, to no avail.

What's most odd about this one is the city: "CITY" Was this just a generic demo token used by salesmen, perhaps?

dKm1W9k.jpg dRth0uR.jpg

Found in Minneapolis, MN

Last edited:
OP
OP
Iron Buzz

Iron Buzz

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I did find a WWI Draft Registration Card for a David Prass of Minneapolis, born 1874. Just lists his occupation as "Clerk" though. Don't know if its the same guy.

scrap.jpg

OP
OP
Iron Buzz

Iron Buzz

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
scrap.jpg

The address isn't right, but this is from the 1922 Mpls city directory. States his occupation as "Billiards"

idahotokens

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2003
Primary Interest:
Other
Buzz--interesting! Often people in a town or city would mail letters to others and just use the word "City", but I have not seen that used with tokens. I believe it is probably from Minneapolis, but don't find the guy at that address. The numbering may have changed over the years, because that address now is a residential area. Please post it on tokencatalog and I will tip off the MN token cataloger to look at it and see if he can use his local resources to firm up the attribution.
John in the Great 208

OP
OP
Iron Buzz

Iron Buzz

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
1930 Minneapolis census shows him as proprietoof a poolhall. The name is misspelled as "Pass" but a correction has been added.

r scrap.jpg

scrap.jpg
scrap.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread