A bit more token help, please - J.R Hughes / Covington, FL

feral-silence

Mar 25, 2019
Albany, GA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 900
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This was a surface find in an area once logged years ago. They've recently clear-cut the place once more and this guy was just lying in the dirt. I've searched tokencatalog.com and other sites and found nothing on this token or this person. Does anyone have any information?

Many thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 60
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 59

idahotokens

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2003
Primary Interest:
Other
Clark's Florida Trade Tokens book shows 10¢ and 25¢ denominations from this merchant, but gives no additional information. After a little looking, I find a John R. Hughes, Jr. who is buried in the same county, but he seems to be too recent to be a son of this Hughes (i.e. born in 1950). More research as I get time. Please post this on tokencatalog, or with the diameter and permission to use your pics, I could do it.
John in the Great 208

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Tokens are way special - they'd even beat finding old coins, as rarity dictates....

OP
OP
F

feral-silence

Mar 25, 2019
Albany, GA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 900
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Clark's Florida Trade Tokens book shows 10¢ and 25¢ denominations from this merchant, but gives no additional information. After a little looking, I find a John R. Hughes, Jr. who is buried in the same county, but he seems to be too recent to be a son of this Hughes (i.e. born in 1950). More research as I get time. Please post this on tokencatalog, or with the diameter and permission to use your pics, I could do it.
John in the Great 208

Added. TokenCatalog #553700. Though, I may have done it incorrectly. Thanks for the help here.

idahotokens

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2003
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks for posting it - I edited it a bit to show the line breaks. The reverse is the side with the denomination on it, but swapping the pics left-to-right is above my pay grade on the site. The site admin will eventually do it.
John

OP
OP
F

feral-silence

Mar 25, 2019
Albany, GA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 900
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for posting it - I edited it a bit to show the line breaks. The reverse is the side with the denomination on it, but swapping the pics left-to-right is above my pay grade on the site. The site admin will eventually do it.
John

I was able to get the images sorted. I'm not sure if you have the Edit Inventory button when you look at it. I used that to re-upload the photos properly. Should be gold now.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread