Wildwood Wisconsin Token

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
A friend found this token in Chippewa Falls in a street tear-up. The town was from 1882 to 1899. I believe it is a ghost town site and might not be in the Wisconsin State Token book. Checking the google map and then going to satellite view shows it is north of a farm. Well hope to see what folks think of it.

A post office called Wildwood was established in 1882, and remained in operation until it was discontinued in 1899. The community was named from a virgin forest surrounding the original town site. token a.jpg token b.jpg

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Among other ventures, McKay was a director of the Minnesota and Wisconsin RxR in 1893. That RxR ran 26 miles north from Spring Valley to Emerald, Wisconsin. Wildwood was about 3-4 miles NNW of Spring Valley.
Also, the
[h=1]Wisconsin state gazetteer and business directory (Volume 1891-92 pt.3) shows that McKay did have a General Store in those years.[/h]
Don.........

idahotokens

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2003
Primary Interest:
Other
The 1¢ and 5¢ tokens from this merchant are in the Trade Tokens of Wisconsin book, but not this one. The 1¢ one is on tokencatalog. Please post this one on tokencatalog, or, with permission to use the pics, I'd be happy to post them.
John in the Great 208

OP
OP
T

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
The 1¢ and 5¢ tokens from this merchant are in the Trade Tokens of Wisconsin book, but not this one. The 1¢ one is on tokencatalog. Please post this one on tokencatalog, or, with permission to use the pics, I'd be happy to post them.
John in the Great 208

Idaho you can get the permission from Kenny on facebook Ground View Metal Detector Sales & Rental. He found the token, and I am pretty sure he would not have issue of you using the image.

OP
OP
T

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice I figured it was unlisted, I will let him know.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice token recovery! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread