Want help to start

idahotokens

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2003
Primary Interest:
Other
Well, Tige, one of the best parts of token collecting in my opinion is that you can't just run over to your neighborhood coin dealer and plop your money down and end up with an interesting token collection - like you might be able to do with coins. As I have posted before, most token collectors specialize in certain types or areas. I'd suggest looking in the exonumia category on ePay and getting a feel for what is out there, then starting the search for items in whatever category beeps your pinpointer. There are books on many categories and areas, and it is always a good idea (borrowing a phrase from a famous numismatist) to "buy the book before the coin". I can make recommendations if you have a specific area/interest.
John in ID

OP
OP
USTiger

USTiger

Apr 30, 2006
Vancouver - WA
Detector(s) used
Ace 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i know this might sound nuts but i Have chosen to collect all tokens i can get my hands on. no specials just all tokens.

USTiger

Jazdo

Oct 11, 2007
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortes,Golden Sabre II, & Inca!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tiger .. Start detecting. I started with a coin collection in mind. The tokens came along with it.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
well I got a nifty startrt token -- a 1 cent alabama state sales tax token -- made of aluminum in great shape what do you have to trade?

OP
OP
USTiger

USTiger

Apr 30, 2006
Vancouver - WA
Detector(s) used
Ace 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ivan salis said:
well I got a nifty startrt token -- a 1 cent alabama state sales tax token -- made of aluminum in great shape what do you have to trade?

hmmm i have some rough gems or wheeties

USTiger

Silver Nickels

Tenderfoot
Jan 6, 2008
Portland Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett Master Hunter CX Plus
Hi Neighbor. I get my tokens off ebay. Did you no there are Washington state tax tokens? I just browse the tokens on ebay and pick the ones I find interesting. If you want to get a lot at once. Select the Coins & Paper Money category on Ebay and type the words Token and Lot. I just got a Lot in and theres some that I don't want. Email me your address and I'll send them to you.

OP
OP
USTiger

USTiger

Apr 30, 2006
Vancouver - WA
Detector(s) used
Ace 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Silver Nickels said:
Hi Neighbor. I get my tokens off ebay. Did you no there are Washington state tax tokens? I just browse the tokens on ebay and pick the ones I find interesting. If you want to get a lot at once. Select the Coins & Paper Money category on Ebay and type the words Token and Lot. I just got a Lot in and theres some that I don't want. Email me your address and I'll send them to you.

Received 12 VERY cool Tokens today in the mail.. This is the best start i could Imagen to start collect.

Thanks a million.

USTiger

OP
OP
USTiger

USTiger

Apr 30, 2006
Vancouver - WA
Detector(s) used
Ace 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
here is my start Thanks to Silver Nickels..

Thanks again.

USTiger

Attachments

• 100_0618.jpg
    100_0618.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 189
  • 100_0619.jpg
    100_0619.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 181

UnEarthed72

Jun 29, 2007
THE EMPIRE STATE
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,Whites prism2
Cool tokens
thats the 2nd ....heads i win.....tails you lose ...token i have seen here,any idea where it is from..i'd like to get one of those.

Shawn

UnEarthed72

Jun 29, 2007
THE EMPIRE STATE
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,Whites prism2
USTiger thanks i will check that out

i have no means of buying from ebay,No CC here,but maybe able to dig one up eventually

thanks for the link,reading about them is all i wanted anyway

HH
Shawn

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions