Oldest dog tag and other "token"?

Baggins

Bronze Member
Jan 2, 2007
TEXAS
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV / Garrett Ace 250/Minelab X-Terra 70
Oldest dog tag and other "token"?

Found these and had them posted earlier on the today's find section, and decided to post them here as well...the one is my oldest dog tag...the last number is a bit hard to read, but it is an 8 or maybe a 3....the other "token" is a large star shaped badge with a hanging type loop at the top and I believe it reads Wholsome Bread, with a number 9 at the bottom...any idea as to what this is for or from? Age? It was found at a site that had houses on it from the mid 1800's and are now long gone....any help appreciated!
Thanks for stopping by and taking a look.
Baggins

Attachments

• dog tag ft.JPG
    dog tag ft.JPG
    61.9 KB · Views: 328
  • dog tag bk.JPG
    dog tag bk.JPG
    63.9 KB · Views: 326
  • wholsome bread.JPG
    wholsome bread.JPG
    87.7 KB · Views: 329
  • dog tag ft.JPG
    dog tag ft.JPG
    61.9 KB · Views: 317
  • dog tag bk.JPG
    dog tag bk.JPG
    63.9 KB · Views: 320
  • wholsome bread.JPG
    wholsome bread.JPG
    87.7 KB · Views: 316

idahotokens

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2003
Primary Interest:
Other
Re: Oldest dog tag and other "token"?

The bread item reminds me of key tags I have seen from some hotels - attached to a ring to a room key. They were made intentionally pointy so that people wouldn't be so apt to leave without returning the key to the front desk. I can imagine the same sort of thing at a large bakery where keys to a storeroom (for instance) were checked out to delivery drivers while they loaded up and were intended to be returned before they left the premises.
John in ID

woody_g

Mar 5, 2006
SPRINGTOWN TX
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 1000

very nice finds looks like a good day of hunting.stay cool its getting hot already in dfw area

Marc(NB)

Apr 21, 2008
N.B. Canada
Detector(s) used
currently use Sov XS2A Pro,Ace 250,past detectors Garrett 1000 PM,Whites Prizm 2,Fisher 1280X,Tesoro Golden Umax

Baggins said:
Found these and had them posted earlier on the today's find section, and decided to post them here as well...the one is my oldest dog tag...the last number is a bit hard to read, but it is an 8 or maybe a 3....the other "token" is a large star shaped badge with a hanging type loop at the top and I believe it reads Wholsome Bread, with a number 9 at the bottom...any idea as to what this is for or from? Age? It was found at a site that had houses on it from the mid 1800's and are now long gone....any help appreciated!
Thanks for stopping by and taking a look.
Baggins

Nice old dog tag.Cause there are no city or town names on it ,they are a generic type that are reffered to as a maverick.The last number looks more like a 9.Nice find and collectable also

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I sold my dog tag that I found. 1896 for Caldwell Kansas. I wish I had it back now.

Burdie

OP
OP
Baggins

Baggins

Bronze Member
Jan 2, 2007
TEXAS
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV / Garrett Ace 250/Minelab X-Terra 70

Hey Burdie, what did you happen to get for it? Just wondering...
Baggins

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread