KKK Token...Picture Added - Page 3
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: KKK Token...Picture Added

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Aug 2012
    44 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Anybody realize that the Klan's resurrection of power came about in the midwest of the 1920's . They had millions of members then and I believe actually elected a klansman as the governor of Indiana. Stands to reason that there will be a lot of artifacts and they will be worth money. The Klan had branched out into anti- Catholic feelings, anti-Jewish feelings and of course anti-african american feelings. That carried over into the civil rights movement of the '60's. Today the Klan has broadened their hate list to also include Latinos, who are heading toward the top of the hate list. Those medals, tokens and so forth are fairly valuable, but more than that they tell a great deal about the social history of the U.S. There is a good book called Hooded Americanism which details the klan's start and moves all the way into the 60's. Great finds to all of you. I kind of wish they had stayed buried too Nicholas, but if someone can make some moneyand contribute to history, hey great.

us
    Aug 2007
    Mechanicsville, VA
    AT PRO Sovereign GT WolfPack
    227 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    These things can kinda touchy. A while back I was trying to find information on the story that Apache Indians also wore I.D. tags when restricted to a reservation in Arizona. Mindful I am 1/4 Apache but I viewed it as history. Not good but history nonetheless. I called an Apache elder in Arizona and man did I get the riot act read to me!! That was the end of my search!! Not all history is good but, is it history.
    Freedom has a flavor the protected will never know. Vietnam # 10 G.I Wolfpack

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links