KKK Token...Picture Added
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: KKK Token...Picture Added

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    DIGGING DIVA !!

Jul 2006
    Indiana
    White's XLT
    3 times
    Banner Finds (1)

KKK Token...Picture Added

Recently dug up an interesting KKK token dated 1922. Does anyone know of a reputable site I could go to, to inquire about its value?

Dec 2003
    Western Schuylkill County
    MINELAB EXPLORER SE PRO ....... Garrett Pro Pointer…… Sovereign XS-2 Pro
    34054 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Re: KKK Token

these guys may be able to help

http://www.kkklan.com/restrikes2.htm

us
    DIGGING DIVA !!

Jul 2006
    Indiana
    White's XLT
    3 times
    Banner Finds (1)

Thanks Jeff...just sent them an email! I have already had someone offer me $300.00 sight unseen ...that is why I want to find out the value of it.

Kentucky Kache

Can you post a pic?

Feb 2008
    9 times

I also found a KKK token. On mine the KKK is cut out and It was not on the token site for such items. Later on when I dig it up I will also post a photo.

PBK

May 2005
    207 times

Quote Originally Posted by jimb
    I also found a KKK token. On mine the KKK is cut out and It was not on the token site for such items. Later on when I dig it up I will also post a photo.
    Does it also have the words "Member in Good Standing" and a blank reverse? If so, it's probably the variety cataloged as #KK-305 in Birdsell's Ku Klux Klan Tokens. Here's the listing:

"Not authenticated. Suddenly appeared on 1975 market in quantity; seen at one show mized with variety of identical style pieces designed with cut through swastika, peace symbol, bawd house, et al. One dealer solemnly stated that he understood this item had been used at one time by a Louisana Klan. Manufactured with hole punched. Also manufactured with clasp pin soldered on reverse. Blank reverse. Brass; 46 mm."

us
    Nov 2004
    Edwards,Missouri
    MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
    56 times

Quote Originally Posted by PBK
    Quote Originally Posted by jimb
    Does it also have the words "Member in Good Standing" and a blank reverse? If so, it's probably the variety cataloged as #KK-305 in Birdsell's Ku Klux Klan Tokens. Here's the listing:

"Not authenticated. Suddenly appeared on 1975 market in quantity; seen at one show mized with variety of identical style pieces designed with cut through swastika, peace symbol, bawd house, et al. One dealer solemnly stated that he understood this item had been used at one time by a Louisana Klan. Manufactured with hole punched. Also manufactured with clasp pin soldered on reverse. Blank reverse. Brass; 46 mm."
    They also had a small pocketknife with KKK come out about the same time.

Mar 2003
    Indiana
    All types of BFOs owned. Especially want White's Arrow; White's Oremaster; Exanimo Spartan Little Monster; Garrett contract Little Monster.
    55 times

The flood of historical items in 1975 were created for sale during the US bicentennial. Some of the manufacturers honestly called their products copies, facsimiles or fakes but since they were not required to be marked as copies under the law once they were sold many of them gained pedigrees and back stories and were sold by crooks as genuine articles through estate auctions or flea markets.
    Laws now require honest fakes to be marked "COPY" but crooks will remove that mark or cover it with dirt or tar. siegfried schlagrule
    "We have done so much; for so many; for so long; with so little; that pretty soon we'll be able to do anything; with nothing at all."
    my unit motto - 138th Aviation Company -  224th Aviation Battalion - Phu Bai, I Corps, Republic of Vietnam - 1972
    Siegfried Schlagrule

us
    DIGGING DIVA !!

Jul 2006
    Indiana
    White's XLT
    3 times
    Banner Finds (1)

I am charging batteries now to post a picture tonight. I am positive that this token is authentic. I dug this at an abandoned house, out in the country, about 5 inches deep underneath a big tree. Indiana is notorious for being a leader in KKK activities back in the day and the community that I live in has lots of history documentation at the historical society to validate. Plus the "old timers" still remember and talk about it. On the front of my token it has a klansman riding a horse carrying a burning flag with the saying...."Non Silba Sed Anthor" meaning..."not for self but for others" and date stamped 1922. On the reverse is a catholic poem reading......"I would rather be a klansman in a robe of snowy white--than a catholic priest in a robe as black as night--For a klansman is an American and America is his home, but the priest owes his allegiance to a Dago pope in Rome.
    I believe it sounds as though originally that the KKK was fighting against immigration.

us
    DIGGING DIVA !!

Jul 2006
    Indiana
    White's XLT
    3 times
    Banner Finds (1)

Hopefully this worked...it should be the front of the token.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kkkfront.JPG 
Views:	3960 
Size:	46.6 KB 
ID:	221429  
    sonofadigger likes this.

us
    DIGGING DIVA !!

Jul 2006
    Indiana
    White's XLT
    3 times
    Banner Finds (1)

and here is the back....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kkkback.JPG 
Views:	3075 
Size:	43.7 KB 
ID:	221430  

Apr 2012

Same question

Quote Originally Posted by luckysgirl View Post
    and here is the back....
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	klan texas2.jpg 
Views:	581 
Size:	134.5 KB 
ID:	625254Click image for larger version. 

Name:	klan alabama.jpg 
Views:	1067 
Size:	186.2 KB 
ID:	625251Click image for larger version. 

Name:	klantexas1.jpg 
Views:	725 
Size:	158.2 KB 
ID:	625253Click image for larger version. 

Name:	klan alabama1.jpg 
Views:	1573 
Size:	196.7 KB 
ID:	625252

I have the same question about these.

us
    Mar 2012
    Mebane, NC
    Tesoro Silver uMax
    9 times
    Very cool find. Interested in seeing how the research turn out!

Aug 2003
    1035 times
    The only KKK token reference I have is the 1977 Ku Klux Klan Tokens booklet by Research Associates of Grand Bay, AL. In it, your piece is catalog numbr KK-215*, the asterisk indicating "Not Authenticated" which I would take to mean that it is uncertain whether the piece was KKK-sanctioned. The suggested value guide in the back of the booklet indicates $30. Of course a lot has changed since 1977...
    John in the 208

us
    KMD CEO

Apr 2012
    Kalamazoo, MI
    Minelab E-Trac, Fisher F2, Garrett GTAx400, Garrett Pro-Pointer.
    22 times
    Metal Detecting
    I have #8 on this page...
    originals

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links