ok vendor token

idahotokens

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2003
Primary Interest:
Other
This one has been attributed to Chicago, IL, but that is where the company was located that made the slot machine that used this token. The machines themselves were scattered all around the country and were used to gather up as much small change as possible from patrons of bars, cigar stores, confectionery stores, pool halls, etc. The machines usually took nickels and the payoff was in these tokens which then could be spent at the candy or cigar counter of the business. The tokens are quite common and seldom sell for over $1.
John in ID

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
they were also used as illegal slots slugs --so long as the lawmen was looking the store owners only redeemed the token for candy and such --thus the "loaned for amusement only" bit and often no trade or cash value stuff marked on many tokens of this kind --thus the owner could say see its says right on it worthless so no "gamblings" going on here officer --however if no cops were around cash was exchanged for the tokens - on a wink wink nod nod basis ---it was a money making racket popular from say 1900 thru the 1940's --the slug size was the same as the coin size -- 5 and 10 cents were most common but they also had quarter ones

aka da Prof

Jan 18, 2009
Finger Lakes, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
Garret Freedom One / Fisher 1280X / Beach Bully sand scoop/ Garret ProPin Pointer/Garret AT pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ha, just found one in bronze or copper here,under a torn up side walk. I googled and your post from '08 came up, with no answer! ---i'll keep researching-

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a really cool relic

Shawnboylk

Mar 30, 2018