Best all metal search detector for depth Question?

Deese

Oct 24, 2008
Mebane,NC
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex,Vallon Gizmo,Deeptech Vista Smart,Nexus Coronado,AKA Sorex,Quest X10
I want your opinion of the best metal detector for all metals search mode that will really get deep! If there is an old school unit that excells at that type of search I may need to pick one up.I am using a Tesoro Cutlass that is borrowed right now while I am saving for a Minelab,but I may be able to pick up something used until then and return the Tesorso.I have a site to hunt where there is supposed to be a cache so I intend to dig everything and there has been some fill dirt added so I want to get as deep as possible.This is my first post,and I dont have alot of experience with the different detectors,just the tesoro,and a whites 6000.Thanks alot for your help!

OP
OP
D

Deese

Oct 24, 2008
Mebane,NC
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex,Vallon Gizmo,Deeptech Vista Smart,Nexus Coronado,AKA Sorex,Quest X10
Thanks,anybody else have an opinion?

OP
OP
D

Deese

Oct 24, 2008
Mebane,NC
Detector(s) used
Nick Pappagiorgio said:
Minelab Sovereign GT ...

~ Nick ~
Does the Minelab Sovereign GT have multi tone target id Nick?

EE THr

Silver Member
Apr 21, 2008
Central California
If discrimination is not important, then check out the PI (Pulse Induction) type detectors, or, if the suspected target is big enough, the "two box" types.

These will get you more depth than the usual VLF Induction Balance types, which are usually used for coin shooting and other small items where discrimination is wanted.

outdoors

Jun 23, 2008
el cajon, california
Detector(s) used
GTI2500, GTAX550, MINELAB EXPLORER SE PRO,
PROPOINTER, GARRETT AT GOLD
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
gti2500 all metal deep seeking mode deeeeeeeeeeeper :sign13:

George (MN)

May 16, 2005
Lots of good advice here. I had a Whites XLT. With the 9.5" coil it only got 10.5" in air on a Kennedy Half in motion disc but when I switched to non-motion all metal it responded to the coin at 18". Results might be even better with a larger coil. HH, George (MN)

Smudge

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2010
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
A Propointer tied to a stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Deese,

You didn't say what your budget would be, but if depth is your number one consideration, get a pulse induction machine. Because lots of folks do not like their lack of discrimination, despite their ease of use and perhaps because they do want to dedicate the time to learn to use the machine well, you can often purchase them inexpensively off of EBay. I saw a barely used White's Dual Field being sold for about $500, and it retails for $800 new.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions