Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Best Digging Tool Ever!!!!

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    DFCA

Dec 2006
    Kansas
    Minelab E-trac
    20 times
    Banner Finds (1)

Re: Best Digging Tool Ever!!!!

I've got a wilcox, it came with my daughters bounty hunter. it's not very good for digging around here, it bends to easy.
    a lesche is hard to bend, but mine is bent

us
    Dec 2006
    North Central Iowa
    Fisher F5, BH 202

Thats crazy. I could probably stand on mine with something under the center and it won't bend. I am gonna see if I take some pics of it in action.

us
    Apr 2007
    Missouri
    Whites DFX, AT Garrett Pro
    4 times
    Metal Detecting

I think I will try this one, we have tons of roots, I am always fighting them to get the coin.
    Have detector, Will Travel  
                                           RJW

us
    Dec 2008
    austin,texas
    Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer
    371 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)

I saw the same thing at Home depot for $9.00 so I bought it.

us
    Jan 2007
    Southeast Texas
    Garrett AT Pro
    44 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Quote Originally Posted by obxguy2000
    I got this tool from Lowes Hardware and it is far better than anything I have some across. It is very strong and the serrated edge will cut through all grass and roots! It is a must have!!
    I thought this looks very interesting and I've been wanting an extra digger, so I went to Lowes yesterday and bought one. Thanks for the tip.

us
    Oct 2009
    1 times

I have one as well, but it is tough to get into the ground due to the forked point.

us
    DFCA

Dec 2006
    Kansas
    Minelab E-trac
    20 times
    Banner Finds (1)

the ground around here is getting tougher everyday. it won't be too long and I'll have to break out the backhoe LOL

Mar 2008
    Iowa
    Minelab Explorer II sunray x-1 probe
    1 times

Ames or lesche?: I use both

The Ames True Temper is a fantastic value for the price. Better than many diggers. I used one for the first half of the '09 season. It works well in soft, rich soil when the digger is under little stress. The problem I had with it was when I got to the bottom of a deep hole and found a larger target. This sometimes requires a bit of prying with your digging tool to free the object. A bit of modest prying is also needed for popping plugs in harder, drier soil. I began hearing and feeling popping and cracking sounds coming from the handle of the Ames. I'm not talking about trying to remove a stretch of concrete sidewalk with it, I am just talking about typical digging. This is a problem with any tool where plastic is molded to steel. I decided to retire the ames or keep as backup before I found out the hard way which hunt would be it's last. Then I picked up the lesche. For me, this was well worth the extra money spent. Why? The lesche is designed better and much stronger. The farther offset blade pops any plug with ease. The design also allows you to dig a much deeper hole much faster. And also much handier down inside a hole than the ames. The lesche even refills holes much faster and with greater ease. It feels much more solid than the Ames. From a guy who owns both: At $9-14, the Ames True Temper is a must have. Its a very capable digger and better than some pricier digging tools. But the lesche wins hands down. You cant argue with solid construction and a better design for the job. JJ
    Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity- Jack DeAngelis

us
    Mar 2008
    MAINE
    Tesorso's, Minelabs, Garrett's
    658 times
    Banner Finds (4)

It is a good sod cutter & soft lawn digger, I managed 2 break 2 of them this summer Though! Gut ot bad for the price!
    MaineRelic.

michigan michael

I agree! I beat the heck out of mine. I have stomped it with my foot, pried with it, and hit many large rocks. Still good as new. I attached a bungie cord to it and my tool belt. It makes it fast and easy to pull out and toss back in my belt pouch. The only problem I have had is in a wooded area. I just unhook it then. Works for me.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	digger.jpg 
Views:	4391 
Size:	348.9 KB 
ID:	352968  

us
    sirdigsthepennies

Apr 2008
    st. joseph missouri
    old school whites cion master 6/db and dfx 300 ace 250
    18 times

i have the lesche hand tool i also have the lesche 48 inch model land shark.

but the coveted digger tool of all time is in my opinion the stainless steel 48 inch predator 2

black ada trowel/shovel i wll have one 1 day right now it will cost $225.75 american to get it from the

uk to the us .

Apr 2007
    NW Washington (State)
    Garrett Ace 250, GMT

I started out with one of these, also tried the Ames and several others. Broke 'em all. Then I got a Hori-hori. Nice thick blade, wooden handle. Cuts, pries, saws through roots. I've used it for 3 years and never even had to sharpen it.
    "so when I feel afraid, I tell myself ...'you have hardly nothing to lose. So try it. Go alone. Get on the bus. Climb! Plunge! Explore!"  from Green Winter by Elise McClay

us
    Oct 2008
    Wolcott, CT
    ACE 250, Garrett Pro-Pointer

I've had the True Temper tool also and it worked good, but after I bought my Lesche
    I gave it to a friend, a couple months later he bought one. My friend went detecting
    with his brother in-law and another guy and they bought a Lesche that night.
    I've never bent my Lesche and there were a few times I was sure I must have bent it
    but I was always surprised to see it was straight as an arrow. I just got the Lesche
    shovel and I can't wait to see how it works in those root infested cellar holes.

Joe

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_7709.JPG 
Views:	4198 
Size:	498.9 KB 
ID:	361538  

us
    May 2009
    mIZzOuRI
    TeKnEtIcS G2-WhItEs MxT-GaRrETt PiNpoInTer-Ge aS 950 CaMerA
    21 times

i bought a digging tool from saltwatermax and it has the name kansas something something-lol!
    if i had a decent camera id shoot a pic of it.
    ive used all those hardware store diggers and the lesche and this one is the most durable.
    just see max in the classified section here on treasure net.he can give you the details.

Bev

I have a Sears Craftsman that's similar and has the lifetime warranty... I love it!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Sponsors