Developing my own digging tool.. Tell me what you think..

Mar 9, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just wanted to say you came up with a brilliant idea. Having a belt clip built on the digging tool would be very nice. Like you were saying the sheath is basically useless one you use the digging tool due to dirt. Ijust carry my digger in one hand and use the other hand to operate my metal detector, but after seeing your idea that would be very nice to not have to be carrying the digger. I also like your idea for the storage inside the handle. Very nifty. I know your post was a from a few years back, but if still need a tester,I would be very greatful and pleased to help out. Good luck on getting a patent for your cobra, because I think if you can manage to mass produce it, you will be in the money. Good luck detecting!

smitty010203

Feb 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone ever thought about using some sort of a magnet that clips to the belt which would hold the blade in lieu of using a clip?

extractor

Silver Member
Sep 27, 2007
Sal Sagev Adaven
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC,,,, SOVEREIGN GT,,,, GP 3500,,,,
GB PRO.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Anyone ever thought about using some sort of a magnet that clips to the belt which would hold the blade in lieu of using a clip?
It would need a very strong magnet and it would be in the price range of at least 10 bucks each. an a magnet that strong will probably be close enough to have a effect on the detectors.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Be careful using those strong rare earth magnets although they can help u big-time in certain circumstances, if u have any electronics or worse ur credit/debit cards they will wipe out the magnetic strip & make it useless without ur knowing until you the go to use it.

gicts

Feb 14, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been thinking of a radio mount like police/fire/ems use on their radios, the only issue is mounting the radio end. Weld the male end on the top or back of the blade?

I can't seem to find the right terminology, but it makes sense in my head :occasion14:

PA John

Nov 24, 2008
York, PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xcalibur 2, Teknetics T2 (Coils: Stock, CORS 4x6,, 4” “biscuit”, Whites Dual Field Surf PI, Garrett AT Pro (Stock & 5x8 Coils), ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Relic Hunter, you seem like an enthusiastic guy with a great idea! Stop posting for the world to see and go get a patent before someone else does on the clip.

The GoPro Camera was patented and the guy is a Billionaire! He wrote a book "Patent It Yourself". Get it, Read it, Do it!

Sent from my iPad using TreasureNet

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other
Since I do NOT use a digger type shovel (as mentioned) in this article. I actually cut 3 sided plugs with a homemade knife, then if needed, I can also pry, dig, etc,etc. I retired from doing auto body and frame repair for 46 years, and if anyone knows what a "Vixen" file is, this is what I made my custom cutter/digger from. I had to heat it cherry red to grind the curved cutting "teeth" off, cut the "tang" to shape (narrowed) bend it slightly for right handed use. Re-heat to cherry red, the oil cooled. Next, I had to reheat again to sharpen the edge, then oil quenched again. Then I went out to my firewood pile, and selected a birdseye maple branch, shaped on bandsaw, drilled several holes down the center, used 3M panel bonding adhesive, and inserted the blade into said maple handle. When the adhesive was cured 24 hours later, I used an industrial diamond tipped drill bit, and drilled 2 holes through handle through tang and out the other side. I then inserted two brass rivets and smacked them flush. Then to cushion the handle a bit, I put a single wrap of tennis racket handle tape on. Have been using this knife/digger for over 30 years. Have to use diamond block to shapen once in a while...........nge

digger93

Greenie
Dec 28, 2016
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would like to be on any list you have or a buyers list as well. Looks like a great ideal for a durable tool!!.

digger93

Greenie
Dec 28, 2016
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I just saw it was in 2014 LOL.... if you have some for sale yet let me know... Thanks...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread