Found a good storage rack for my detector

bigtim1973

Oct 12, 2007
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Generally this is intended for shovels, rakes, etc. but I have been using this for the past few years to hang my detector on. I do not like to keep mine against the wall or in a closet or under a bed.....With this I just hang it up out of the way and it is sturdy enough to where I am not worried about it plus, you do not have to break the detector down or anything. I thought I would share this with you T'netters, Tim

Attachments

• airbrush 013.jpg
    airbrush 013.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 2,128
  • airbrush 015.jpg
    airbrush 015.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 2,597

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:icon_thumright: awsome idea Tim , never woulda even thought about using one ... :tongue3: I will now tho

HH Tank :icon_pirat:

extractor

Silver Member
Sep 27, 2007
Sal Sagev Adaven
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC,,,, SOVEREIGN GT,,,, GP 3500,,,,
GB PRO.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Fantastic Idea :sign13:, I like it . There is olny one small proublum with the tool rack. Mrs.Extractor would find out how many metal detectors I have. :violent1:

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:laughing9: lol Ex nobody says you have to hang em all in a row man :laughing9:

OP
OP
bigtim1973

bigtim1973

Oct 12, 2007
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
extractor said:
Fantastic Idea :sign13:, I like it . There is olny one small proublum with the tool rack. Mrs.Extractor would find out how many metal detectors I have. :violent1:

Well what you do is you say this one belongs to me and I bought all of these for you!!! :laughing9:

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:laughing9: lol there ya go ;D

M

michigan michael

extractor said:

:laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: This post might contain the most wisdom I have read on Tnet. I hide most of mine in my closet. lol

goldie1959

Oct 7, 2007
michigan
Detector(s) used
garrett ultra gta 500
i now found a use for the rack my son built for hanging his guitars by the neck

OP
OP
bigtim1973

bigtim1973

Oct 12, 2007
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
goldie1959 said:
i now found a use for the rack my son built for hanging his guitars by the neck

Hey if you have some guitars laying around getting all dusty you can pass them right on down here to me!! Tim

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
extractor said:
Hang a mop head on them & tell her they're SWIFFER EXTREMES for the workshop. ;D

OP
OP
bigtim1973

bigtim1973

Oct 12, 2007
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
boogeyman said:
Hang a mop head on them & tell her they're SWIFFER EXTREMES for the workshop. ;D

That is awesome!!!! Laffing my ass off on that one!!

ZINCLID

Apr 2, 2010
ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
Mostly Tesoro units-I've owned five of them--but I've used Whites,Fishers,Garretts,Nautilus, Minelab, and Detex.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love the hanger idea, man. I've never done that one, but like the idea immensely...I could make one of those easily enough out of cheap lumber. And since I'm an old guit-picker myself (I've owned over 65 guitars over the years) I love the guitar hanging idea too. One idea I'd add to the mix, is to cover the outward protruding "arms" with soft felt, foam, or carpet, etc. to keep it from scratching detector or guitars or whatever. I do have one major concern when it comes to hanging something as valuable as a metal detector (or musical instrument) on the wall--YOU'VE MADE IT READILY AVAILABLE TO THIEVES! I prefer to have my detector or whatever hid away from sight and not right on the wall for anyone who comes to the door to see. But, as my uncle once told me, LOCKS ARE FOR HONEST PEOPLE. SAD BUT TRUE! I do like the idea, but thieves would have easy access to it--that's my only concern with it.

OP
OP
bigtim1973

bigtim1973

Oct 12, 2007
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You know, you are right about locks are for honest people but I do not live in town so I am fortunate to be able to just kind of leaving it hanging around in the garage.

jog

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2008
Tillamook Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT / GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ZINCLID said:
Love the hanger idea, man. I've never done that one, but like the idea immensely...I could make one of those easily enough out of cheap lumber. And since I'm an old guit-picker myself (I've owned over 65 guitars over the years) I love the guitar hanging idea too. One idea I'd add to the mix, is to cover the outward protruding "arms" with soft felt, foam, or carpet, etc. to keep it from scratching detector or guitars or whatever. I do have one major concern when it comes to hanging something as valuable as a metal detector (or musical instrument) on the wall--YOU'VE MADE IT READILY AVAILABLE TO THIEVES! I prefer to have my detector or whatever hid away from sight and not right on the wall for anyone who comes to the door to see. But, as my uncle once told me, LOCKS ARE FOR HONEST PEOPLE. SAD BUT TRUE! I do like the idea, but thieves would have easy access to it--that's my only concern with it.
Hang them next to your gun rack!!!

extractor

Silver Member
Sep 27, 2007
Sal Sagev Adaven
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC,,,, SOVEREIGN GT,,,, GP 3500,,,,
GB PRO.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
[/quote]When I die I hope my wife sells my equipment for more then I told her I paid for it!
[/quote]
good one ,,, LoL .. .. Ain't that the truth :laughing7: !!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions