waist bag, tool belt questions?

SwampHunter

Mar 6, 2007
Samuel Watson's Old Place
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70, Tesoro Silver uMax, Fisher 1265X, Garrett Ace 250, Garrett Pro Pointer
LC-2 pistol belt and 2 canvas tool pouches from Lowes(APX I think). The pouches have plenty of pockets for different items. Good finds go in one of the smaller pockets and the trash goes in the large pockets. There are days that we dig a bunch of iron trash out in the fields and this will carry the load out. I am probably going to add the LC-2 suspenders because I am adding more and more tools to the belt.

Kilika

Apr 6, 2007
NW Washington (State)
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, GMT
I use an old black 3 pocket apron with the top folded down and tied at the waist. 1 pocket for trash, 1 for tools, 1 for keepers! And black doesn't show the dirt!

Jeep

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2008
32°46′58″N 96°48′14″W
Detector(s) used
My other detector is a helicopter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm kinda partial to pink and purple fuzzy fanny packs or Monkey face fanny packs :tongue3:

monkey-fanny-pack.jpg

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I went to Lowes and bought a carpenters belt pouch (AWP is the brand, I think it was $9.99) and a web belt ($6.99 or thereabouts). I swapped the buckle for one I had on hand and dyed it green with RIT dye. I put trash in the outside pocket, keepers in the next pocket and keep a baggie for good keepers in the third pocket. The fourth has my log-book in a zip-lock so I can record what I found & where.

Since these images I have replaced the AWP patch with a Captain Morgan's Spiced Rum patch.

Another handy addition was to attach two rare-earth magnets to the rim of the third lip in so I can attach my digger to the pouch rather than hang a seperate sheath on the belt. Works better to carry a muddy digger.

Has a spot for my F-point, too.

Granted, it's no monkey butt-pack . . . but it does work.

Attachments

• IM000855s.JPG
    IM000855s.JPG
    52.7 KB · Views: 1,872
  • HPIM00484s.jpg
    HPIM00484s.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 1,861
  • HPIM1702.JPG
    HPIM1702.JPG
    102.2 KB · Views: 2,026

Jeep

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2008
32°46′58″N 96°48′14″W
Detector(s) used
My other detector is a helicopter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Charlie P. (NY) said:
I went to Lowes and bought a carpenters belt pouch (AWP is the brand, I think it was $9.99) and a web belt ($6.99 or thereabouts). I swapped the buckle for one I had on hand and dyed it green with RIT dye. I put trash in the outside pocket, keepers in the next pocket and keep a baggie for good keepers in the third pocket. The fourth has my log-book in a zip-lock so I can record what I found & where.

Since these images I have replaced the AWP patch with a Captain Morgan's Spiced Rum patch.

Another handy addition was to attach two rare-earth magnets to the rim of the third lip in so I can attach my digger to the pouch rather than hang a seperate sheath on the belt. Works better to carry a muddy digger.

Has a spot for my F-point, too.

Granted, it's no monkey butt-pack . . . but it does work.

Arrrrrrrrrr, that's as good or better then me monkey pack :icon_pirat:

Like what ya did with that :thumbsup:

Sturgell

Feb 8, 2010
Detector(s) used
???????
Go to Lowe's and buy their little nail apron mine was $0.77 and it has two pockets one for trash and the other for my priceless zinc treasures.

ringsandthings

Greenie
Feb 10, 2010
Brookings, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Hi,
I use a "fanny pack" that has a couple of different zippered pouches on it. I put the valuables in one, junk in another, a small eye loupe in another. The more zippered pouches the better. You can put your keys and cell phone in there. I don't like things poking me when I bend over to dig. I carry the eye loupe( starting today, all the time). When I find something interesting I need to not wait until I get home to "scope" it out! I hope this helps.
Mike.

yopauly

Feb 19, 2010
Hi, all. First post. I started with a web belt. Hung my White digging knife in its own sheath, bought a Craftsman bag with 2 hammer hangers and pockets. Last but not least a finds bag with a velcro flap.
DSC01021.jpg

DKinPA

Aug 21, 2005
Central Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD, Minelab ETrac & Tesoro Silver UMax
Pinpointer in left rear, digger in right rear and a two pocket canvas nail apron. Trash on the left and keepers on the right. No real extra weight to carry this way and when the canvas apron wears out you spend another buck and away you go. I have been using the same canvas apron for three years now, it don't look good but it is still workin' with no holes in it.
I always shoot for cheap and light....just me!!

Dave

richm

Apr 30, 2009
Madison, CT
Detector(s) used
White's mxt Pro / Sun Ray DX / Ultimate Gray Ghost's / Lesche
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Charlie, I like yours, clean and simple. The first time I used a tool pouch I had so much stuff in it I looked like Shnieder from One Day at a Time ;D

jharhed

Jan 5, 2008
Marrero LA
Detector(s) used
DFX, MX5, M6, Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I always wear cargo pants and put my finds there, I use the belt from my molle vest with a sheath for my digger and a modified tape measure holder for my pinpointer.

B

Bev

I modified mine so that the pin pointer would fit easily. I have a plastic bag lining the inside pocket so it wont start to get disgusting. The Craftsman digging tool fits perfect on the waist band. I want to find a snap ring so that I can quickly snap my shovel into place when Im not using it.

Attachments

• Picture 1825.jpg
    Picture 1825.jpg
    157.7 KB · Views: 1,458

dogpound

Sep 24, 2010
southeast PA
Detector(s) used
CTX3030
a few years back i got a marlboro fanny pack that had 3 zippered compartments, one i use for spare batteries, the other i use for gps, knife, and the other compartment is for my finds. it also has a spot that was ment for a water bottle but that works out good for my pinpointer w/case. also has a webbed compartment for my gloves

gravediggermax-vabeachva

Bronze Member
Nov 24, 2005
va beach, va
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
se pro, excal. II, ctx 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
last year i bought a bird hunting vest from bass pro

works good

junk, iron, big stuff in back where birds would go

Attachments

• VEST2.jpg
    VEST2.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 1,230
  • VEST1.jpg
    VEST1.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 1,283
  • VEST1.jpg
    VEST1.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 1,187
  • VEST2.jpg
    VEST2.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 1,169

Night Stalker

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2004
Florida
Detector(s) used
Omega 8000 & Tesoro Cortes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bib-overalls - can't be beat, the lesche fits perfectly in the "hammer loop" on the left leg and pinpointer slides into the right narrow "level pocket" on the right leg. I use the front flap zipper pocket for my smokes, lighter, extra 9v battery and glasses and the big deep pockets hold my finds securly.

I've been detecting with people who carry everything but the kitchen sink on them. Leave a small bag in the trunk of your car with extra stuff in it (shovel, picks, canvas bags, a couple mre's, water, etc). Less is more imo.

xasp61

Apr 27, 2010
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
V3, XLT, F75, MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
here's mine ;D

Attachments

• Bag.JPG
    Bag.JPG
    111.2 KB · Views: 1,093