Hand Dredge/Sucker Pump PVC

itmaiden

Sep 28, 2005
I thought my idea was at least partly original and then found out others before me were already making "hand dredges" out of PVC. I am not totally satisfied with the few I have seen on the net except for one "store model" which was way too pricey.

So does anyone have any instructions/diagrams for making one of these so I can suck some gravel out of a sandbar without using a battery or water operated pump. Just want an air/vacuum pump type of deal which is lightweight and fullproof. Would like a couple different diameters. Maybe a 6/8 inch to a 2 inch ? All materials need to be waterproof.
Would like to be able to use it in the water too.

itmaiden

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Google up - Sam Radding. You want Sam Raddings Book of Plans Volume II. Pg. 16.

Very well done drawings & descriptions. Materials are cheap. PVC pipe & a couple of fittings & a heat source to soften the pipe. Hint, carry an extra O-ring. Just about every mining & prospecting store I've been in has a copy or two on their bookshelves. If you build two of the projects in his books, You're almost guaranteed to pay for the book in savings building your own.

Jpoke5

Tenderfoot
Apr 6, 2005
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
whites
Try Midwestmining.net for good gold sucker hand dredges. Also has some good ebooks on gold prospecting.

Attachments

• asst.JPG
    asst.JPG
    497.6 KB · Views: 11,384

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread