Sep 12, 2006
Idaho
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
George Lesche site for tools www.predatortools.com

I believe this needs to come out again. Strawboss

Original Poster(Carolina Phil Jun 07)...

Posted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 11:05 pm Post subject: Predatortools.com

Hello I am George Lesche and I would like to thank all my customers and supporters who have helped me and my family though these trying times. There has been a number of people wanting to know what happened. At this time the only thing I can say about it is that I can no longer use my own name on the digging tools I designed or even use the same names, colors or even our web page address that we had since 1998. That is the reason that my wife and myself started predatortools.com.
One thing that I can say is this is very personal to me now that each and every tool are the Highest Quality digging tool that you can purchase made on the original tooling that made the tools what they once were. Each and every one that I build will be 100% or it will not leave here. Unlike some other companies, I could have taken the tools overseas and had it made and then given it a American name. I didn't do that, I waited till I could rebuild using all American made products and saving American jobs. This is the only place you'll find the original quality tools please check out my web page at www.predatortools.com

On a personal note I would like to thank Pam for believing in me and the tools and giving me the green light to move forward. Thank you very much Sincerely George and Pam Lesche

metal80

Jan 25, 2010
Re: George Lesche site for tools www.predatortools.com

Looks like George's of Predatortools is developing a new shovel. Just read it on their main page...

vhram

Feb 6, 2008

Ive got 3 digging tools from predatortools , They are the best made tools , 1 shovel is almost sharp enough to shave with.

DeadLizard7

Dec 16, 2004
Roswell, NM
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab 705
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Other than my metal detector my predator shovel is the best investment I have made in this hobby in 20 years.

I have Model 58 Dixie, it is hands down the best for getting through roots and keeping nice clean plugs while still getting those deep targets! It also helps save the knees.

Highly recommended to anyone with a metal detector.

Jason
New Mexico

lonelyduckhunter

May 5, 2009
Easton, MD
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett GTI2500, Minelab Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Just ordered the model 80 after using the model 85 for a year. I can gurantee you can't find a better digging tool. The model 85 is the king of the small trowels no doubt about it. I'm sure the model 80 will be just as good for a bigger field shovel.

oneeye

Aug 16, 2008
Michigan's Left Coast
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites 6000 Di Pro, Garret Grand Master Hunter, Tesoro Tejon, Fisher 1265X

Awesome looking stuff. On my want list for this spring.
Dan

southern maine diver

Feb 24, 2007
South Berwick, Maine

Strawboss...

I do all my digging underwater looking for bottles. How will your tools hold up in the saltwater environment? I dig a lot of rocks, bricks, granite... steel, iron out of the way in an underwater dumpsite. I'm looking for a good, heavy duty digging tool...
Wayne

metal80

Jan 25, 2010

Looks like Predatortools just restocked on the 80 D Relic Pro shovel...good stuff :hello2:

metal80

Jan 25, 2010

I just got myself the Model 75 good s*it oops I mean stuff :laughing9:. I prefer the rubber grip of a model 75 or the Predatortools military model 85. Plus the end cap of the 75 is good to drop the coins in

Well, time to have a :coffee2: and then go metal detecting ;D

RJGMC

Sep 6, 2008
KANSAS CITY METRO
Detector(s) used
SIMPLEX, EQUINOX AND TESORO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

My two cents!

Just had to chime in on the PREDATOR line of tools. I was lucky enough to go to CTH III and Steve, Jaunmoretime, had a predator shovel that was better than I had seen elsewhere. I contacted Steve to see what model it was after I got home. Found it on the web site but said it out of stock. Sent an email, got a quick reply from George. Would be back in stock in Monday. Sure enough it was listed "in stock" a few days later.

I thought it would make a great fathers day gift. After discussing with my wife she said go ahead. It was mighty nice of her. She said it was so good a gift that I should consider it a gift for fathers days and out 25th wedding anniversary. Ordered from their website on Friday, got a confirmation. Then on Sunday, I got an email letting me know it had been shipped. Well, it was on the porch Monday afternoon. Quick shipping from New Jersey to Kansas City.

Great customer service, shipping and a great shovel. THANKS GEORGE!

I still say that my loving bride of 25 years of wedded bliss got off cheap. My anniversary gift to her was around $1400.00 for an anniversary ring to add to her engagement and wedding set.

Bob

metal80

Jan 25, 2010

Sharing a few photos from my last metal detecting trip using a few of tools of Predatortools. Pictured the Big Red 301...and Model 31 C Raptor. Bottle Hunting! Also, a hand-pick which George sent me. He mentioned they'd be on sale soon.

Attachments

• PICT3043_0005.jpg
    PICT3043_0005.jpg
    443.5 KB · Views: 1,418

metal80

Jan 25, 2010

Second and last photo...found a milk bottle and a few others...

Attachments

• PICT3032_0007.jpg
    PICT3032_0007.jpg
    196.9 KB · Views: 1,242

metal80

Jan 25, 2010

Hmm, sorry for the over-sized pictures...:p...well at least you can see all the detail! lol :thumbsup: :laughing9:

metal80

Jan 25, 2010

Update: My Big Red is still going strong, wore most of the paint off from extensive use :). Found several bottle pits over several months. Just as good as the day I got it.

Recently found some 19th century bottle pits. Pulled out some old milk bottles and a cathedral bottle. One of the bottles still had the glass cap in it. It was found inside a old rustic frying pan. It was a large trash pit, was tons of iron as well in the ground. Even found a old iron from the 1800s.

Metal80

TheRandyMan

Apr 3, 2010
Dallas, Texas
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II, Minelab Etrac, Ace 250k, Discovery TF-900
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Thanks for bumping this up. I did not know that the company was no longer under George's control. I am switching to Predator Tools today and putting an order in for a Big Red asap. That is the perfect shovel for the small jobs. :headbang:

relicminer

Dec 31, 2010
Pike County Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Garrett Pro-pointer, Lecshe Digging Tool, Predator Mauler T-Handle
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Top notch!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions