Military Grade Covers for many brands- Trying to see if people would buy?

Silver Surfer

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2009
Florida- Somewhere in the middle
Detector(s) used
MXT 300/Excal II/Surf Dual Field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey All!

I found a small cottage industry that makes military grade box/window covers for various machines, and am trying to ascertain how many MD owners would be interested. I am in negotiations with the company for possible orders.
These are made of heavy cordura fabric, hand made, fit like a glove and do what other brands found here in the US dont, ACTUALLY PROVIDE very good cover for our expensive investments...
Pics below are on MXT's, but they are also available for all Whites models, Etrac machines, Tesoro, and other major brands.
But before I can start ordering, I have to be able to give them a ballpark number of units needed before than can commit to making them..
These will run near or slightly above what we are paying for the crap out there that make people turn back to the old "plastic bag" routine.. Trust me, nothing is going to get through these, even heavy rain..

Let me know if you are interested, what model(s) you would need them for, and how many... That way, I can contact the company and see if they would be able to produce enough... Like I said, it is a cottage industry, and only two people make them "by hand"... They fit like a glove, and are very nice looking as well as durable.. Good, military spec stuff..

Attachments

• thesaurus1a.jpg
    thesaurus1a.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 894
  • thesaurus2.JPG
    thesaurus2.JPG
    120.4 KB · Views: 890

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dang, YEAH! I sure would... I have a White's IDX Pro (the same as the Classic model, except for the control knobs & switch) that I would love to have a cover for both the control box & the display. I've seen another before, but unfortunately, it wouldn't give me proper access to the control knobs. My other detector is the Minelab Explorer XS. The display would be the main part that needs covering. I'm not sure if it's possible, but it would be cool to have something to protect my Sunray probe switch box as well. I believe the rest of the machine would be fine under most conditions. I've been wanting good covers for both, as sometimes I hunt the sand at the beach, and I know the salt spray can really corrode metal parts and the inside circuitry of a machine. Anyway, if you get this off the ground, please let me know.

Bran <><

dogcaught

Mar 2, 2008
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer II sunray x-1 probe
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Vanquish 540
If these were quality made and somewhat reasonably priced, I believe you would have a major following with explorer and etrac users along with many other high-end to mid-range users. The majority who shell out big money for their equipment will not hesitate to make an additional small investment in a quality product to protect their initial investment. The sunray probe switch box cover would also be very popular if it could be done better than what is available now. This is a hobby that loves accessories. No need to take a head count on this one. Post it and they will buy! JJ

lonelyduckhunter

May 5, 2009
Easton, MD
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett GTI2500, Minelab Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know that the Garrett GTI users would buy them up the one they offer now is not even in the same ballpark as the ones your talking about. Same with the Ace series. :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
Silver Surfer

Silver Surfer

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well here is the deal...
A forum member posted about wanting a "good" cover set... I dont think I need to ramble on about the complete pieces of crap that are the only thing available to us in the US... I had remembered a really awesome looking set that another member sold a while back, but I could never find the maker.
Well, Spook triggers my memory with his post, and I again set off to find these covers. Spent a half a day. A company in the UK sells them, but not to the US.. SO... I get ahold of them and the story is that they buy them from a very small family business, and volume is not a whole bunch, and can be hit or miss..
So, I figured that if I could find enough intereste, AND, they can assure that this "cottage industry" can keep up with demand, then I could possibly become a USA distributor of their product...
I ordered a set for myself and Spook... If they look and perform like they appear to, I am going to do all I can to get them available to all the MD'ers here. It amazes me that with the thousands we spend on these machines, we still have to resort to plastic grocery bags to protect our machines.. That is WRONG!

These cover sets were originally made for the military to their specs... I will keep you all posted about this... It would sure be nice to be able to keep detecting when the clouds decide to dump, instead of running to my truck and cursing as I wipe all the water off of the box.. Fingers crossed....

Oh, and I will post a list of the models that they currently manufacture for... I know all of the most popular makes/models are available, but will be more precise when I talk more with the company rep.. She was also having to get with the maker to see just how much volume they could/would do...

HH

OP
OP
Silver Surfer

Silver Surfer

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I really need to see the volume they are able to come thru with... I will probably be posting by mid-week if they get back to me. As it stands, the Rep said the old fellow that makes them by hand, one at a time, has been kinda spotty on production...

Will keep you posted... And I will inquire about the possibility of a camo pattern...

dazoff

Aug 7, 2007
Lower Mainland Vancouver,BC
Detector(s) used
To many to say
I bought the same one for my MXT a few weeks ago. I hunt on the west coast and in England so wanted something that works.
Going to order another one for my F75LTD .
Cost wise these covers will last for life and is no more than the cost of a good digger.

Took the machine out last week in heavy rain access to the controls was easy in the field, the machine stayed dry, the covers fit like a glove.
Had also thought about importing them. Dan :thumbsup:

Frank1960

Nov 13, 2009
Evans Colorado
Detector(s) used
AT Max
Wonder how it would work with the push buttons on the ACE? Being thicker it should help when it is colder out to keep batteries warmer.

xasp61

Apr 27, 2010
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
V3, XLT, F75, MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have these covers for sale in the classifieds ;D i'm sure most of you have seen the ad :thumbsup: I have several sets on the way in camo too.

xasp61

Apr 27, 2010
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
V3, XLT, F75, MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
swent1 said:
i would definatly buy one for my deleon
is there any special model of the Deleon or are they all about the same?? I have never owned one...
Let me know and i will see if i can get a cover for that machine.

Jon

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread