beach hunters..do you attach scoop and MD to yourself?

syko

Oct 20, 2007
Pasadena, Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
I'm sure most everyone does, but do you use a short rope/long rope to tie into your stuff?
My MD shaft has a ring I can hook onto, and I am trying to figure out if the scoop will be tied to me as well. I don't want to get myself tangled up in a web of leashes,
what setup works best? If anyone has pics of yourself "hooked in"..please post them. I definitively do not want to lose a $1000+ machine or $150 scoop. >:(

To avoid another topic started, I need a pouch for the water, does anyone use anything other than a specific "beach pouch?" :icon_scratch:

Montauk3

Nov 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2 \ Sovereign GT BeachHunter ID
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hopefully this will help.

Under NO circumstance's attach equipment directly to your body.

Attachments

• BasicWaterSetup-1.jpg
    BasicWaterSetup-1.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 484
  • BasicWaterSetup-1.jpg
    BasicWaterSetup-1.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 407
OP
OP
syko

syko

Oct 20, 2007
Pasadena, Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
lol... I didn't mean directly to my ears or something. I should have said to belt. :laughing7:
I see your setup and know that it should be pretty much the standard way others do it. Just need a belt and pouch.
Guess I'll go hit HomeDepot and find me a web belt,some rope and be done.

Thanks for pic Montauk3

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Montauk3 said:
Hopefully this will help.

Under NO circumstance's attach equipment directly to your body.

I would not attach any scoop to my body in the surf. I have a bungee cord attached to my detector shaft so I can let go of it while I handle the scoop to dig a hole. It is important to be able to let go of equipment if you get caught in a rip current. But it helps to be able to recognize one when you see it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions