Mighty Mini Relic Digger?

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Livin' in a tar-paper shack in the woods of Easter
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, Whites QXT, Garrett Pro-Pointer, "Mighty" Diggin' Tool
I cut this blade out of 8 inch sanitary stainless steel pipe over 4 years ago, forgot all about it. It ended up in my buddy's garage somehow, he just found it & gave it to me. I had originally planned on making a small shovel to carry around in my truck for relic hunting, I just finished it today, 4 plus years later. 100% Stainless steel, it'll never rust, overall length 34 inches, blade is 10 inches by 5.5 inches & sharp as all hell. I couldnt resist putting saw teeth in both edges. ;D I took it out & dug a couple deep holes with it.........I think its a keeper!

Attachments

• Mighty Mini Relic DiggerA.jpg
    Mighty Mini Relic DiggerA.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 976
  • Mighty Mini Relic DiggerB.jpg
    Mighty Mini Relic DiggerB.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 983
  • Mighty Mini Relic DiggerC.jpg
    Mighty Mini Relic DiggerC.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 978
  • Mighty Mini Relic DiggerD.jpg
    Mighty Mini Relic DiggerD.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 963
  • Mighty Mini Relic DiggerE.jpg
    Mighty Mini Relic DiggerE.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 946

extractor

Silver Member
Sep 27, 2007
Sal Sagev Adaven
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC,,,, SOVEREIGN GT,,,, GP 3500,,,,
GB PRO.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey AP,, :icon_thumleft: I've followed your tools for a while now. They look always great. I think ya could give Predator a bit of competition. :icon_thumleft: Extractor

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dang... that's a monster!!! Bravo, sir! :thumbsup:

Bran <><

Number9

Aug 3, 2009
Smoky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
Hey... You ain't from Eastern Idaho!! :laughing7:

But... I like the way you think...
and your fabrication is second to none!! :notworthy:

Best at ya, my friend! :thumbsup:

dogcaught

Mar 2, 2008
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer II sunray x-1 probe
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Vanquish 540
Thats beautiful, like a viking broadsword. I Pitty the Ground!

Attachments

• I like your digger, fool!.gif
    I like your digger, fool!.gif
    29.9 KB · Views: 905

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now start workin' on that mousetrap, would ya?

ZINCLID

Apr 2, 2010
ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
Mostly Tesoro units-I've owned five of them--but I've used Whites,Fishers,Garretts,Nautilus, Minelab, and Detex.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Neat tool. I use a sharpshooter with about the last five or six inches of blade tip cut off...then I cut the new edge corners off at a 45 degree angle and sharpen new tip of blade and one side of blade so I can use it as a root axe or as a limb or vine cutter. When I stand with my foot resting atop the blade, it's just the right height before I put pressure on top the blade to shove it into ground. I don't have to bend over much while using it and even can scoop a find from the hole in soil or sand without having to hardly bend to do so--SWEET DIGGER! That's what I've come up with.

OP
OP
Mighty AP

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Detector(s) used
ZINCLID said:
Neat tool. I use a sharpshooter with about the last five or six inches of blade tip cut off...then I cut the new edge corners off at a 45 degree angle and sharpen new tip of blade and one side of blade so I can use it as a root axe or as a limb or vine cutter. When I stand with my foot resting atop the blade, it's just the right height before I put pressure on top the blade to shove it into ground. I don't have to bend over much while using it and even can scoop a find from the hole in soil or sand without having to hardly bend to do so--SWEET DIGGER! That's what I've come up with.

Id love to see a pic of that thing Zinc! :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
Mighty AP

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Detector(s) used
Thank you gentlemen, I wish I had more of this 8 inch stainless pipe...........Id make a couple of these & have a contest, give a couple away. Ive been using this thing in the field next to the shop I work in & it does a very nice job. Im going to an old foundation out in the hills tomorrow that a friend has told me about, he doesnt detect but I have a machine for him to use & he is very excited about it all........might have another "addict" on our hands soon. Im gonna use the relic digger up there & Im sure it will dig a fine hole! :icon_thumleft:

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AP, I use a little shovel I bought that is similar to that, but not quite as sturdy looking. I walk with a cane and use it to prop myself up when I am swinging the coil. And I also can dig a plug with it without having to bend over if necessary. A very useful tool for us old geezers. Monty

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Shoot Fire! That is one SWEET tool. The Fiskars edger I use in the fields can't hold a candle to that. It has a lifetime warranty...but AP Tools don't need one!

Nice work, my friend.

-Buckles

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread