MY DIGGING TOOL IS VERY COMFORTABLE AND ITS EASY TO MAKE

ZINCLID

Apr 2, 2010
ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
Mostly Tesoro units-I've owned five of them--but I've used Whites,Fishers,Garretts,Nautilus, Minelab, and Detex.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MY DIGGING TOOL IS VERY COMFORTABLE AND IT'S EASY TO MAKE

I have a digging tool that has been a lifesaver for my back. I used to use those small shovels you find at hardware stores and building supplies...AMES SMALL OR MINI SHOVEL...I used them for many years and using them always made me feel like my back was about worn out after a few hours using them because of all the danged bending down to dig I had to do. Then I got an Idea. I took one of those sharpshooter shovels with the long narrow blade and cut off about the last six inches of end of the blade. Then I cut the new edge corners off about an inch at a 45 degree angle and sharpened the new edge of blade and sharpened one side edge to use as a root axe or to cut troublesome vines or limbs. The shovel's foot rest is just the right height to comfortably rest my foot on it before plunging blade into the ground. A COMFY DIGGER AND ONE THAT WILL SAVE THE OL' BACK...AND GET THIS, I CAN EVEN RETRIEVE FINDS FROM HOLES WITHOUT MUCH BENDING OVER-HA! SORRY, I DON'T EVEN KNOW HOW TO POST A PIC...GOTTA LEARN HOW I KNOW.

Attachments

• 100_2139 (2).jpg
    100_2139 (2).jpg
    87 KB · Views: 2,065
  • 100_2142 (2).jpg
    100_2142 (2).jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 2,053

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Re: MY DIGGING TOOL IS VERY COMFORTABLE AND IT'S EASY TO MAKE

I would like to see a pic!!!! If you need help posting one let me know i can walk you through it!

Chug

OK ill help anyway.

1st are your pictures downloaded to your computer??? If yes follow the next instructions to show your pics

on your original post click on the modify button
scroll down see the little browse button click it
this will open a window from your computer
look at the left side of the window for pictures click on the
now you should see your Pict on the right
may be in folders or single pics click folders once to open or click the pic you want once

now for the final step click the open button at the bottom and your pic will be in your post if you want more that 1 pic click more attachments next to the browse button this will open another image file

Hope to see Pics soon Happy digging Chug

girardpaguy

Dec 11, 2008
Girard Pa
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QDII / Cen Tec Pinpointer

It sounds really cool. Any chance you could post some photos of it?

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

OK i responded to your Pm Ill try to help in here also I need to Know the model Number of your camera so i can look it up a the Kodak site for instructions to help!!!!! Chug!!! :icon_scratch:

I sounds like the Kodak program is waiting for you to select the photos and then send them to your computer!! you may want to look at your manual under section called downloading picture to your computer or similar that should help

when i worked for circuit city selling cameras and computers the Kodak cameras were the most returned cameras they were not always the easiest to under stand to customers especially there software!!!

You can always take your laptop and camera to the store where you purchased them and see if they can help with this, the best time is when they are not busy, also hint that you may be buying a new laptop soon you will probably get more help that way!!!!!

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

ZINCLID said:
chug, model number of my Kodak camera is C813. The shovel pics are on the program and I have clicked on modify button on my post and clicked on the browse button on box that came up- but I don't know where to go from there...if I click on Kodak program the whole thing will be posted and I've got hundreds of photos on there I don't want to post here...so how do I pick just the shovel photos...2 of them and post them onto my post???

Sorry about the delay I went back to work and have been busy!!!

The link below will take you to the Kodak web site and show you how to download the pictures to your computer, looking at the camera and also the sharing software they use i wouldn't recommend this camera to any one!!!

http://www.kodak.com/global/en/service/publications/urg00775toc.jhtml?pq-path=11888/11889

On the list click on #5 transferring ect

10claw

Aug 16, 2009

good topic zincie

OP
OP
ZINCLID

ZINCLID

Apr 2, 2010
ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
Mostly Tesoro units-I've owned five of them--but I've used Whites,Fishers,Garretts,Nautilus, Minelab, and Detex.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Here goes another try-hope the pic of two of my diggers made of modified sharpshooter shovels show up... well, it worked---I posted a pic but it's so blasted big you have to scroll around to see the dang thing.......someone tell me how to re-size my pics please???? this post of my shovel mods looks so dang big it's distorted-ha!!!

But it definitely shows how I cut about 6" off end of blade WITH A HACKSAW-then cut 45 degrees angle on new tip of shovel on each side and sharpened it all good on grinder...I also sharpened one side edge to use as a bush and root axe....works like a dang machete on vines and stuff in my way too.

end of handles are just common D SHAPED HANDLES ---ALL SHARPSHOOTERS I'VE SEEN HAVE THIS D HANDLE OF PLASTIC OR METAL...I HAVE ONE OF PLASTIC AND ONE OF METAL...THEY WORK THE SAME...

Attachments

• 100_2142 (2).jpg
    100_2142 (2).jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 2,051
  • 100_2142 (2).jpg
    100_2142 (2).jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 2,034
OP
OP
ZINCLID

ZINCLID

Apr 2, 2010
ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Mighty AP, THAT IS GOOD, BUT HOW'D YOU MAKE THE IMAGES SMALLER? THANKS, MAN!

OP
OP
ZINCLID

ZINCLID

Apr 2, 2010
ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I wonder if the free foxfire program would have picture resizing on it? O r would I have to purchase photoshop program to get photoshop??? Maybe this kodak program may have resizing...I've never looked to see. LOTS TO LEARN------LOTS TO LEARN. how would I delete those big photos I posted and just leave the smaller resized ones?

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

If you have a program to save pics to your computer it should have a resize feature. Monty

illumastorm

Jul 24, 2011
west central indiana
Detector(s) used
discovery 1,000

i know this post is old but have you tried hunting in the cracks of your chair, looks like there's nice stash in there.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread