Tampa, Fl
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola, Tesoro Compadre

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
my pinpointer from harbor freight lasted for awhile but the botton has started giving me problems .

the free one i got from kellyco lasted me alot less time>

Both are not functioning right now but Im going to try combining the 2 using parts from both!!! Ill let everyone know the outcome HH chug

OP
OP
joshuajbelanger

joshuajbelanger

Apr 19, 2010
Tampa, Fl
Detector(s) used
There is a harbor freights several blocks from me! Out motha effin standin'....

-J

mts

Bronze Member
May 18, 2009
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Pulsedive, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Silver µMax, BH Tracker IV, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Harbor Freight model is excellent for the money. But the Garrett ProPointer is actually a better "value" in my opinion. I have both units and I vastly prefer the Garrett. The fact that it beeps faster as you get closer to the target is invaluable. Plus, it can be detuned which helps when you are dealing with larger targets. The HF model just beeps, period. The HF model also has the button in a poor position and it is easy to accidentally hit it when storing the unit in the provided holder. Finally, the HF is not known for being high quality and many people have had to replace the button. You get what you pay for so don't expect miracles for $16.

Don't get me wrong. If on a tight budget the HF model is well worth the money. And it is definitely a good buy as a spare. But the Garrett is top notch and you won't be sorry that you spent the extra money on it. I took my HF on vacation with me because I didn't want to risk having the Garrett stolen out of my luggage. It served its purpose. But I found myself missing the Garrett.

If you have a Harbor Freight store right down the street (like I do) then go ahead and buy one. What do you have to lose besides $16? After you've used it a while you will either love it or decide that you'd like something a little better. If you decide that you want to upgrade then look at the Garrett ProPointer.

ryclo

Apr 19, 2010
Get the harbor freight unit, open it up and replace the speaker with a vibrating motor. No more beeping :thumbsup:

auferret

Sep 25, 2007
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Sunray DX-1
Falcon MD20
Garrett Seahunter Mark II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
http://www.harborfreightusa.com/html/itc/7641/7641.html

There is a coupon about 2/3 of the way down the page for the HF pinpointer for $12.99. This is for the insiders track club so there is a possibility that they will ask to see your membership card. My HF has never asked to see a card. Also, the coupon says one per purchase so if you want more, you'll have to print more coupons an keep getting back in line.

OP
OP
joshuajbelanger

joshuajbelanger

Apr 19, 2010
Tampa, Fl
Detector(s) used
Apparently, that harbor freights down the road is located on the intersection of 2 main hwys....Perhaps it's under the concrete? I couldn't find it, google lies!

I do want the cen-tech pinpointer, but it's on back order, and no one else seems to carry them...

this sucks..

So now, do I spend an extra 50 bucks? Any suggestions...

-J

girardpaguy

Dec 11, 2008
Girard Pa
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QDII / Cen Tec Pinpointer
auferret said:
http://www.harborfreightusa.com/html/itc/7641/7641.html

There is a coupon about 2/3 of the way down the page for the HF pinpointer for $12.99. This is for the insiders track club so there is a possibility that they will ask to see your membership card. My HF has never asked to see a card. Also, the coupon says one per purchase so if you want more, you'll have to print more coupons an keep getting back in line.
Dang! I could have saved $3.01 :laughing9:

Jim 2.0

Nov 10, 2007
Pinckney, MI
Detector(s) used
BH, Prizm IV, Tesoro Cortez!
mts said:
The Harbor Freight model is excellent for the money. But the Garrett ProPointer is actually a better "value" in my opinion. I have both units and I vastly prefer the Garrett. The fact that it beeps faster as you get closer to the target is invaluable. Plus, it can be detuned which helps when you are dealing with larger targets. The HF model just beeps, period. The HF model also has the button in a poor position and it is easy to accidentally hit it when storing the unit in the provided holder. Finally, the HF is not known for being high quality and many people have had to replace the button. You get what you pay for so don't expect miracles for $16.

Don't get me wrong. If on a tight budget the HF model is well worth the money. And it is definitely a good buy as a spare. But the Garrett is top notch and you won't be sorry that you spent the extra money on it. I took my HF on vacation with me because I didn't want to risk having the Garrett stolen out of my luggage. It served its purpose. But I found myself missing the Garrett.

If you have a Harbor Freight store right down the street (like I do) then go ahead and buy one. What do you have to lose besides $16? After you've used it a while you will either love it or decide that you'd like something a little better. If you decide that you want to upgrade then look at the Garrett ProPointer.
I have 2 cen tec pinpointers but got tired of fixing (re soldering the button ) Got the Garrett....problem solved....highly recommend.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread