What to expect with Tesoro

vhs07

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2007
Victoria, Texas
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Cortez
Hi everybody,
I haven’t owned a detector in years, but I’m thinking of buying a Tesoro Cortes. In 1984 I bought a Whites 6000 Di Series 3 and absolutely loved it. After 12 years, I had worn it out and bought a 6000 Di Pro and never could get the thing to work right for me. Being disappointed, I sold it about 8 months later.
I’m wondering what I can expect with the new Tesoro. Since it’s been 14 years, will the Tesoro have deeper depth for coins compared to a 26 year old machine? Better discrimination? I thought my old 6000 Di Series 3 was a heck of a detector, but will the Tesoro beat it in performance?
Thanks for any help you can give me.
Charles

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Clev

Feb 16, 2010
Polk County,NC
I dont know anything about the Deleon but I have a Tejon and I love it. I dont know much about the tejon either but I called Tesoro customer service a few times when I have been out in the feild using it and someone there ALWAYS helps me with my questions. I am a newbee at all this and they have been great.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions