carring protection

B

Bev

OK, mental note- most people metal detecting are also packing. Scary!

homefires

May 20, 2008
deming n.m.
Detector(s) used
Any thing Available within 50ft
Bev said:
OK, mental note- most people metal detecting are also packing. Scary!

I only carry a .22 ruger.

Down here along the Mexican Border some folks walking North are carring a AK-47!

Now thats Scary.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
maui said:
BareBones, we have lived here over 20 years and we never had any problems.
there are problems here like any where else and we do have our share of some
questionable people.
take care and be safe out there. ron
Get one of the Samoans to hunt with you. Those guys are born without nerve endings in their bodies! Nobody in their right mind would mess with em, especially if they've had a few drinks ;D

greydigger

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2008
Aloha, Orygun
Detector(s) used
wishing stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Wonder what the gun laws are in Hawaii?

If feasible that's what I would do.
Even a "little" .22 can kill and will scare most bad folks away,
For the really "Cranked" attacker I choose my .45 Glock 30 SF.
Even with my small hands it works fine and first shot stop is one of the best.
9mm hits only annoy really intense bad guys.

Of course wasp spray in the eye and you can just stroll away.
But what happens later?
Get sued for blinding an innocent person that accidently took the wrong drugs?
If you are nervous or afraid, don't let a possible bad guy get close.
Yell at them and tell them what you intend to do if they approach.
Normal people will think you are nuts and leave you alone.
Evil people will keep coming.
DO WHAT YOU SAID YOU WOULD DO!
Shoot them, spray them, whatever.

Don't be a victim.
Grey

Ray S ECenFL

Silver Member
Feb 17, 2007
East Central Florida WP
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT / M6
Here is my HO.

If you intend to carry a gun, you better be prepared to use it if the situation ever occurs. Never pull a gun unless you intend to fire it. Verbal warnings only go so far. If you feel your life is at risk, be prepared to defend yourself and the use of deadly force may be required. If you have any doubts about it, do not carry a gun and stay away from areas that may require you to be in a defensive posture in the first place. Doing so may get you killed.

Just MHO.

Ray S ECenFL

wildman4910

Sep 1, 2010
Cocoa, FL
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
^^^^I couldn't agree more, if you can't/won't use it when/if needed then leave it at home.

However I prefer the have Judge Colt and jury of 8 on my side rather than the scumbags side.

Just my opinion but I like a 3 Defender or 3 1/2 Commander 1911 in .45ACP.

They say God made all Men, and Sam Colt made them equal!

I generally will not go into areas were I have safety concerns about the area, it just isn't worth it or
the potential trouble in my opinion.

If I must venture into them it is always nice to have some personal insurance tho.

Be safe &

~~Happy Hunting~~

GoldBack

Aug 19, 2010
Ruger P89 9mm +P; or/and Taurus Brasil .38 Special +p (both Federal HP) have a 32round mag for the Ruger ;D

phs3194

Apr 11, 2009
Kinmundy, IL
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, Garrett GTI2500, GTA 500 Ultra, Garrett Propointer
Here in Illinois concealed carry is NOT an option. I have a 6" bladed hunting knife and a gator digger to provide a sharp implement if needed, but my first line of defense would be my walking stick. I have bad knees, so I need a stick to help me get back to my feet. The one I carry is 40" by 1.5" to 2" diameter seasoned Osage Orange. My father looked at it and said you could drive a CAT over it without breaking it.
Charles

maipenrai

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2010
Thailand/Europe/California
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 2 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just a silly question, but why would you carry a gun if your out metal detecting? Is someone going to steal your detector, or your wheatie? Carring a gun in a park? Do you carry a gun when having a pick nik, or swimming on the beach? If I had a gun, not sure who I should shoot with it. Conceled weapon? Loaded weapon in your car? Seems like you would be out asking for trouble. Do you plan on detecting under a crack house? I would think that if your paranoid, best to just have another friend with you. Wouldnt it be easier to just walk away from a ify situation?

GoldBack

Aug 19, 2010
maipenrai said:
Just a silly question, but why would you carry a gun if your out metal detecting? Is someone going to steal your detector, or your wheatie? Carring a gun in a park? Do you carry a gun when having a pick nik, or swimming on the beach? If I had a gun, not sure who I should shoot with it. Conceled weapon? Loaded weapon in your car? Seems like you would be out asking for trouble. Do you plan on detecting under a crack house? I would think that if your paranoid, best to just have another friend with you. Wouldnt it be easier to just walk away from a ify situation?

Read "Shadow of the Sentenel"; people who know of rich areas will take you out if they find you, and I'm talking about in the deserts of AZ, mountain ranges where it would be very easy to hide you and very easy to pick you off with no one knowing or hearing. Not to mention the wild animals, it just common sense to carry out here.

P.S.- if you dont know how to use a gun and KNOW the LAWS to protect yourself in your state and or country, just dont carry and stay away from bad areas then..... keep to your beaches and parks, lol.

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
If I have have confrontation, I just give them this look and they usually back off.

Attachments

• monster3.jpg
    monster3.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 1,564

dld

Apr 21, 2010
NE Fla
Detector(s) used
ace 250, BHID, Explorer SE Pro, Omega 8000
maipenrai said:
Just a silly question, but why would you carry a gun if your out metal detecting?
For protection
Is someone going to steal your detector, or your wheatie?
or take your life
Carring a gun in a park? Do you carry a gun when having a pick nik, or swimming on the beach?
yes,yes,yes, grocery shopping, raking leaves, just about every where it is legal, because it is legal to do so
If I had a gun, not sure who I should shoot with it.
good thing you don't have one, you must depend on 911
Conceled weapon? Loaded weapon in your car? Seems like you would be out asking for trouble.
No, protecting your self from trouble, If it is concealed then nobody but you will know you have it
Do you plan on detecting under a crack house?
Not under but all around the crack house
I would think that if your paranoid, best to just have another friend with you.
then there would be two people carrying guns, not paranoid just safe
Wouldnt it be easier to just walk away from a ify situation?
of course if you are able or can, but if you can't? I just don't want to become a victim, but if its OK with you to become a victim one thats fine with me

homefires

May 20, 2008
deming n.m.
Detector(s) used
Any thing Available within 50ft
Some people live a sheltered life.

Clueless as to what the Real World is like.

There are BAD BAD people down here along the Border.

They Would, Will and Do Take your toys and mess you up if not killing you in the process.

bubble_l.jpg

poppy in pa.

Jan 8, 2009
Wernersville,Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It depends where I'm detecting. Sometimes I carry pepper spray, sometimes my 40 cal Glock, or both. I also will carry my 380 if I need to keep it conceled completely. I have a permit and I ususally carry whenever I'm going into remote or questionable areas. Better to be judged by 12 than be carried by 6. Poppy :thumbsup:

tabdog

Aug 16, 2008
Bryant Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Euro Sabre, Vaquero, Silver Sabre uMax and 2 Compadres
2-15-2-1.jpg

At close range,

eight shots before you can say jack rabbit and
that's more lead with more penetration than a
12 gauge buck shotgun blast.

Happy Huntin,

Tabdog

sarge relics

Greenie
Jul 27, 2005
West Tennessee
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, w/6X10 DD
maui said:
was just wonder what everybody everybody carries for protection while hunting or working a area?
thanks much, take care and be carefull out there. ron

I carry a Kimber Ultra-Carry, .45 ACP, with Speer Gold Dot 200 gr hollowpoints and 2 spare mags. Have had to use it one time on feral hog. He had gotten within 10 yds. of me when the 200 grain bullet sealed his fate. Done deal! A wildlife officer stopped me one day and asked me "what are you scared of"? I told him absolutely nothing, you oughta see what I've got in the truck!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions