carring protection

Rockhunter1620

Feb 1, 2012
S.E. Mi.
Detector(s) used
F-75 S.E.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Ruger SR40..... a little help.jpg .; and this summer I'm fixin to get me a colt 1911, gvnmt. "Delta Elite" 10mm. It's good to be american!

DanFL1962

Jan 8, 2010
Lawrence County, PA & Brevard County, Florida
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro & BHID
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Those are some beautiful sidearms posted in this thread. I carry a Glock 22 - .40 caliber. It is a great beater gun. Take it out on the canoe, don't worry about getting it wet, muddy, or scratched.

Nicademous

Greenie
Apr 18, 2012
FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm II
Whites XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Other
I carry a sig sauer p238 and have concealed weapons permit, its small and easy for a women to carry concealed and i can shoot it with either hand. You have to protect yourself these days, Law enforcement is cutting a lot of people and there's a lot of crazy people out there. I also carry a Glock 19 in my backpack.

I'd rather be tried by 10 then carried by six.

ammo_u

Nov 25, 2009
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm 6' 4" 260 and a fairly strong guy. I had a 5' nothing lady show me just how easily a person can be taken down in a Para rescue class in the military...Good lord that chick was Spock from Star Trek's love child or something because I swear she took me down with 2 fingers..then they broke out the pepper spray! Lest just say if you feel the need to have protection pepper spray will slow down a Grizzly bear. I only worry about people pulling guns when they dont know how to use them and get the side arm taken away and turned on you. C&C class is the way to go if its an option in your locataion.

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Custom Recovery tools, Nupla Prb4t Soil Probe 60 IN,
Primary Interest:
Other
I carry a 5 inch Bowie knife, and my shovel. They may think twice trying to rob a 6' 4'' 300 Pound 16 year old.

DanTheNewbie

Apr 19, 2012
Central connecticut
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm 6,2 280lbs, I usually hunt in my hot pink spandex booty shorts, people don't f**k me.....

Just playin, I don't think you have to worry about getting robbed or attacked while metal detecting, have people heard of this happening a lot or something?

Last edited:

Goldmoon

May 6, 2012
BC
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Ace 350, Ironclad "Viking" Digger
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thankfully I live in an area where I don't have to worry about that, but if the situation did arise I guess i'd deal with it when it came.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread