Garrett Pro-Pinpointer - Worth It or Better Product Out There?

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Garrett has a new waterproof model (Pro-Pointer AT) of the popular probe. I haven't used it, and can't say they improved the button/switch any, but they have included several good and needed features/tricks what it can do - besides, I'm still using my old Garrett with a plastic/rubber (Papa Doody) cover - so, when this (my second) Garrett probe croaks, I might get the Pro-Pointer AT, or a Nokta or Makro pointer...all three about the same cost, but waterproof!

I just got an AT Propointer and I like it even better than the Makro. The Makro is a very good pinpointer though and I wouldn't pass a good deal on one. The only minor complaints I can think of with the Makro, is it is a little slow to start vibrating when it comes in contact with a coin and it is fat and it takes about 2 seconds to turn on.

It is loud, but I don't use audio on mine anyway, but when you turn it off it beeps loudly 3 times. It would be easy to remedy this though by putting something over the speaker hole.

One thing different about the AT PP is that the switch feels like a switch, meaning when you push it in, it feels like it clicks and when you turn it off it does the same. Unlike the older PP where you have to hold it in and it vibrates to tell you.

I've used a bunch of pinpointers and all the newest ones. Here is my list by the order that I like:

1. AT Propointer
2. Makro
3. Propointer
4. White's TRX
5. Profind 25

Last edited:

cpomike13

Jul 11, 2015
SoCal
Detector(s) used
Whites SST
Whites GoldMaster e series