Primary Interest:
Other

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
First welcome to treasurenet!!!!!

I don't know of any, I went for the other option because of my military service the VA Has provided me a Hearing aid and will provide me one for the other ear once i get used to it!!! that was my choice at the time!!!!

I'm assuming because of your screen name you might have served in the military and may qualify for VA Medical Benefits!!! It has Helped me allot!!!

Hope this helps!!!

HH Chug

OP
OP
BosnMate

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Chug and Red said:

I don't know of any, I went for the other option because of my military service the VA Has provided me a Hearing aid and will provide me one for the other ear once i get used to it!!! that was my choice at the time!!!!

I'm assuming because of your screen name you might have served in the military and may qualify for VA Medical Benefits!!! It has Helped me allot!!!

Hope this helps!!!

HH Chug

The Navy put a ringing in my ears, and started the hearing loss, and I've been fighting with the VA for several years over, but they keep denying, so right now I don't have hearing aids. All the hearing aids that I've seen get terrible feed back, and I didn't know there was anything that would work under headphones. I'll look into something along those lines, but I think the best would be a headphone that you could boost the signal. I suppose kids would wear those and listen to music to darn loud, hurting their ears, and then sue the maker, so I reckon it's a lost cause.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BosnMate said:
Chug and Red said:

Hope this helps!!!

HH Chug

The Navy put a ringing in my ears, and started the hearing loss, and I've been fighting with the VA for several years over, but they keep denying, so right now I don't have hearing aids. All the hearing aids that I've seen get terrible feed back, and I didn't know there was anything that would work under headphones. I'll look into something along those lines, but I think the best would be a headphone that you could boost the signal. I suppose kids would wear those and listen to music to darn loud, hurting their ears, and then sue the maker, so I reckon it's a lost cause.
Hi Bosn!
They'll fight you on this, been there done that. Get ahold of your medical records & SRB. As long as your hearing started degenerating in the service, and you have hearing tests during your service showing hearing loss you can get benefits or an increase. Myself, my grandfather, dad & three others have done this. Myself & two others used attorneys that were vets. It can be done but like everything with the VA, it's hurry up & wait. Hope this gives you some help!

a56digger

Greenie
Mar 11, 2007
My hearing aid don't with my headphones and if they did I most likely couldn't wear them because heat caused by the headphones.

I too missed up my hearing while the Navy. They had done a hearing test in boot camp then one before my discharge and found a slight hearing loss. It the time I didn't notes it much. 17 or 18 years later I went to the VA. I got my hearing aids and 10% disabled check out them. At the time my check was $97. a month and I was taking home about $50,000 a year after taxes. I found the $97 check funny as Hell.

I was told when I was discharged to file for my hearing loss and a bad leg break disablement. I might have gotten 10% to 20%. They told me that I would have to stay in about 6 more months, but I was Hard headed and just wanted out. SOOOO Now looking back $70 to $97 a month for 17 years. Dammed was I A DUMB Butt.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey! Moneys money! You worked hard giving to Uncle Sam as a lot of us had. Time for Uncle Sammy to cough up some of the promises that were made to us. We all deserve better without the hassles.

mandad76

Jun 26, 2008
BAYTOWN, TEXAS
Detector(s) used
SPECTRA V3i/BHID 300
You can get an inline amplifier - I once had a 3 band from radio shack I think - plugged into the box and headphones plugged into the amplifier - worked pretty slick too. Good luck.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread