Removing a scuff plate

rodbuster

Dec 1, 2009
Grant Park Il
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT 950/ 6" excelerator- MXT PRO 6x10 & 12"- Vaquero\ stock and 6" coil ''
I have had really good luck with this method. I take a piece of scrap fabric, my wife saves for me and place it between the coil and cover. I like to use a piece 1.5 or 2 " by 10" and when I snap the cover on the coil I leave 3" sticking out ( either front or back). When I want to clean my coil all I have to do is grab the 3" tab and pull, the cover opens enough were I can open the rest by hand. Hope this works for you as well as it works for me. :thumbsup:

B

Bev

If I dont go with the marine paint, I may go this route, good idea!

maipenrai

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2010
Thailand/Europe/California
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 2 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know this is an old post, but since this seems like a good idea, guess it can be posted again. I have this problem with my new Excal, and didnt know what to do about it, but this seems like the simplest answer to the problem. I was going to add this to my "complaints" about Excal, but now dont have to complain, and irritate the Minelab users here again. The cover was just really tight, like it should be, but I couldnt figure a way to get it off, without breaking something.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread