Whats your favorite Lesche/Predator Shovel???

DeadLizard7

Dec 16, 2004
Roswell, NM
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab 705
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dixie Model 58 with the long T-handle. In the Southwest it works great in the hard ground. I consider it probably the most valuable tool I have next to the detector itself. IMO. :icon_thumright:

DeadLizard7

Dec 16, 2004
Roswell, NM
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab 705
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I ordered it from George Lesche at predatortools.com

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
Don't know yet cause I just ordered the sampson. Never thought I'd get excited about getting a shovel! lol

OP
OP
Clev

Clev

Feb 16, 2010
Polk County,NC
DeadLizard7 said:
Dixie Model 58 with the long T-handle. In the Southwest it works great in the hard ground. I consider it probably the most valuable tool I have next to the detector itself. IMO. :icon_thumright:

How long did it take to get it after you ordered it?

OP
OP
Clev

Clev

Feb 16, 2010
Polk County,NC
Has anyone else had trouble ordering from the predator.com website?
Trying to place a $300.00 order and everytime I try to submit it it gives me a "Line one error code"

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
I've got the "little eagle" it's 27 inches long with a blade about 4 in. wide and 7 long

DeadLizard7

Dec 16, 2004
Roswell, NM
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab 705
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think I called and ordered over the phone, hard to remember the details from that long ago. Either way I got the shovel in a few days. It was an easy transaction.

alexTx

Greenie
Dec 13, 2009
Central Texas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I also have the Little Eagle. The pointed end makes easy work in hard or rocky ground. Also the blade is small enough to cut plugs in turf. Tough enough to swing like an ax to cut roots. Light enough to carry around all day. I use it more now than my hand digger.

OP
OP
Clev

Clev

Feb 16, 2010
Polk County,NC
I ended up buying the Model 80 Relic Pro (D). Ordered it off the net and had it 3 days later. Great service & Great shovel.

Thanks

olepossum

Apr 9, 2008
st. joseph missouri
Detector(s) used
old school whites cion master 6/db and dfx 300 ace 250
i have the red handled model that has the offset handle and the landshark 48 inch model 1 1/2sides straight and a 1/4 serrated a 120 for the pair off of ebay

halfstep

May 11, 2010
alexTx said:
I also have the Little Eagle. The pointed end makes easy work in hard or rocky ground. Also the blade is small enough to cut plugs in turf. Tough enough to swing like an ax to cut roots. Light enough to carry around all day. I use it more now than my hand digger.

I have one on order, hope to get it soon. I have a little shovel but wanted the little eagle because of the blade design and size. I live in rocky ground and a shovel is a must. Makes digging faster and easier. I don't use my hand digger as much either. I use it to clean out the hole. The shovel I have now has a steel handle with a T grip. The blade looks like a reuglar round point shovel but smaller. It works pretty good but cuts too big of a hole. It's about the same length as the little eagle. I have learned to like it a lot. The predator shovel should be a better version of what I have.
UPDATE
I got my little eagle in. It is a great little shovel. I ordered another little eagle and a dixie which is a long handle version. I bought the dixie for my dad. I ordered the second little eagle for myself. The one I just recieved got stolen by my girlfriend. Anyways, the little eagle is an awesome shovel. Very light weight and strong. The blade design with it's double bevel allows it to slip right into the ground without any effort. Cuts a nice deep plug without having to make a big mess. I am a shovel person myself. It makes digging quick and easy.

Justice70

Oct 18, 2008
michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac, Whites Prizm iv
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a Little Eagle on order, should have it in a day or 2 :headbang:

Quoddy

Greenie
Mar 22, 2013
New York/Vermont Border
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unless I know I have a specific need for the Raven I usually don't carry it due to the size and weight... great shovel for what it's designed for, though. The Little Eagle is small enough to carry, but I don't use that in parks, etc. The Raptor, which I used today, is excellent for dealing with deep plugs/holes where lots of dirt needs to be moved out of the hole... excellent in soft soil and sand, too. The Predator Model 85 (or Lesche hand digger) is good for small plugs, but for deeper digs takes considerable time to move the dirt. If I had to choose just one, it would probably be the Model 31 Raptor.

hoosierguy

Feb 5, 2013
Laconia, IN
Detector(s) used
● Minelab Manticore ● Minelab CTX-3030 ● Minelab Equinox 800 ● Minelab Goldmaster 1000 ● Garrett Apex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The Pirahna...I added a sling to mine to make it easier to carry:

The Piranha

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett AT Max, Nokta Simplex +, Nokta Legend ,Garrett Pro Pointer , Fisher F Point, Garrett Digging Tool, Gator Razor, Digging Tool, Sampson Digger, Get the Track Hoe! It's a deep one! :)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Lesche Sampson serated edge! That baby rips through about anything,and cuts nice plugs also.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions