TimC (North Alabama)

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2007
Cullman, AL
Detector(s) used
Minelabs-Garretts-Fishers-Teknetics-Whites-Nautilus-Tesoros'
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm in search for headphones I can use in the summer, I live in Alabama where the humidity matches the Temperature so hot and sweaty does not seem to describe it. I have many pairs or the Detector Pros, Killer bees and some of the others, but now need a cooler pair that can breathe after several seasons of misery. Any thoughts?
Thanks!

Jonathan James

Jul 19, 2009
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's MXT, White's Spectrum XLT, White's Quantum2, White's Eagle2, White's Surf PI, White's 4900, White's 5900 Di/Pro SL, White's Classic ID, White's Coinmaster 1, Garrett AT Pro, Tesor
Detector Pro and Killer B's makes a set that has only one earcup. (Detector Pro Rattler) Designed for deep woods to aid in allowing the user to hear rattlesnakes, etc.

That may be an option

McDean

Greenie
Feb 14, 2011
I was thinking of trying earbuds... may need an extension though cause most of them are only 3 ft...if snakes and critters are a concern, clip one of them off...

Dec 12, 2010
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug DP, Fisher F19 LTD, Minelab Safari, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett AT Pro Pointer, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche Digger, Lesche Ground Shark Shovel, 9.5x5.5 NEL Sharpshooter Coil (Safari), 9.5x
:P TimC, My wife came up with this for me and it is a nice solution. I too live down South in Florida actually and in the summer you can cook eggs on a rock. :laughing7: Anyways, she said I think I have a 1/8" to 1/4" plug in adapter why don't you take this and these earbuds and try that. She was right and it works really well without the big huffy headphones. So much more comfortable, lightweight, cooler, etc.

McDean, she also just purchased me a 6' extension for the earbuds off Ebay for $1.78 which gives me plenty of length to move about, dig,etc. They also sell them in 3' & 12' lengths.

HH
Bobby

RigDean

Sep 6, 2008
Lifes A Garden...Dig IT said:
:P TimC, My wife came up with this for me and it is a nice solution. I too live down South in Florida actually and in the summer you can cook eggs on a rock. :laughing7: Anyways, she said I think I have a 1/8" to 1/4" plug in adapter why don't you take this and these earbuds and try that. She was right and it works really well without the big huffy headphones. So much more comfortable, lightweight, cooler, etc.

McDean, she also just purchased me a 6' extension for the earbuds off Ebay for $1.78 which gives me plenty of length to move about, dig,etc. They also sell them in 3' & 12' lengths.

HH
Bobby

Wow, that's great the way your wife supports you in MD'ing!!! congrats on an awesome find ;D
yeah, gotta have that adapter but they're cheap. I also have a pair of lightweight sony earphones too. I've only used my big $100 headphones maybe twice :laughing7: and it was REAL windy that day!

HH Dean

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread