Whites DFX/5900Di Pro

Attachments

• The Raven.jpg
    The Raven.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 2,202

metal80

Jan 25, 2010
I just got one, and its worth the price. http://www.predatortools.com/

George posted nine detailed photos of his new creation on there. Its worth every penny since I received mine a few days ago.

Greg

Attachments

• Raven - Model 25.jpg
    Raven - Model 25.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 3,052

TimC (North Alabama)

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2007
Cullman, AL
Detector(s) used
Minelabs-Garretts-Fishers-Teknetics-Whites-Nautilus-Tesoros'
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Tested, I'm on it like you know what, so mine will be on the way today.

xGregx

Feb 13, 2008
Elkhart,In
Detector(s) used
-=XP Deus=-At Pro=-
Ordered one off there site yesterday, do they send you any notifications? I paid with paypal but have nothing from them yet...

UPDATE: George replied its going out today cant beat that!!

Thanks,
Greg

halfstep

May 11, 2010
xGregx said:
Ordered one off there site yesterday, do they send you any notifications? I paid with paypal but have nothing from them yet...

UPDATE: George replied its going out today cant beat that!!

Thanks,
Greg

Yes, they will send a notification in a couple of days after the order telling you when it shipped.

OP
OP
Tested

Tested

Apr 20, 2007
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX/5900Di Pro
The Raven arrived today and even though I've had a splitting headache all day I had to take it out for a test run. Now we had a good bit of rain last night but The Raven performed well in the mud and muck. I opted to not get the foot pads at $10 a piece personally think that's a bit crazy. Besides I have plenty of stuff around the shop that I could use to make my own, however not sure that it even needs. I'll try and get out tomarrow and give it another run maybe the ground will have dried out some.

Attachments

• The Raven.jpg
    The Raven.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 1,550

metal80

Jan 25, 2010
Been using mine for a bit now. I use it without footpads as well, and its a beast of a tool. Perfectly balanced, and probably one of Predatortool's best creations so far.

Greg

photo-master

Jan 17, 2011
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer II
All I can say is Great Design! :thumbsup: --All it needs is a D-ring handle version. :sign13: IMHO

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Better not use it barefoot, though!

Justice70

Oct 18, 2008
michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac, Whites Prizm iv
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That looks like a mean shovel, I just ordered a Little Eagle model 58 from Predator. Good luck with the Raven and HH

metal80

Jan 25, 2010
I talked to George a week ago, and he said he has a few D-Handle versions for sale. They are more pricy because of the D-Handle cost more, but hey maybe I will get this to go along with my T-Handle.

Greg

photo-master

Jan 17, 2011
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer II
metal80 said:
I talked to George a week ago, and he said he has a few D-Handle versions for sale. They are more pricy because of the D-Handle cost more, but hey maybe I will get this to go along with my T-Handle.

OK, I'm sold... :thumbsup:

nhagan

Jul 27, 2010
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
heck yes. that think looks killer. I have been wanting to hit up some 'backwoods' (heavily rooted areas) this thing looks like it may be a winner. I got a birthday coming up here soon!

Thanks for the info!
Neil

metal80

Jan 25, 2010
Hows everyone's Ravens holding up? Mine is just as good as the first day it arrived at my door step, except I got it dirty! ;D

Greg

Dwight S

Apr 26, 2010
NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-Pro & White's TDI & Tesoro Compass uMax
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Got mine prior to the DIVs in Northern Virginia and had a great opportunity to use it in that RWED DUT.
Pried out rocks that would have probably broken my folding shovel.
Cut through roots with ease.

Only thing is, if the target is deep, you have to account for the foot pads when you dig.

I love mine, glad i waited for this monster.

clearblk

Greenie
Mar 21, 2011
I just got mine and have used it once in soft soil with lots of roots. Very comfy with no foot pads and I was able to make some pretty good plug cuts with it. I have not tried it on any kind of turf but I think you could use it without causing damage.
I don't carry a weapon but this shovel looks pretty badass if you need to protect youself on a hunt.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread